Funny Chicken Names

Pics
I have a dozen laying hens and they all have names thanks to my then 9 yo daughter. Most of them are pretty normal girls names but my 5 year old boy named 2 of my EE hens Steve and Mr. Kevin.
lau.gif
-love it! Kids are great...especially when it comes to naming chickens!! (My kids slapped Miss Babsie on our roo, and Mordekaiser, Dogberry, and Fleance on hens.)

We are starting our own free-range flock. My sons are helping me with names, we have 14 chicks and 9 are named so far. We wanted original names so here we are;

The rooster is Colonel Sanders
Nugget is the Buff Brahma
Spicy is a Black Austrolorp
Sparkle is an Austrolorp
Rose is an Aracauna
Ruby is an Aracauna
Marigold is a Golden Laced Wyandotte
Sunshine is a Golden Laced
Daisy is a Silver Laced Wyandotte
Dixie is a Silver Laced

The rest are yet to come...

I am getting 4 chicks today! So far we have three names in mind: lemon drop, nugget, and rose. We r thinking of one more name! It's very hard to decide!

I just ordered 6 chicks and they'll come thursday or wendsday. So here are the names I picked out. Doodles,feathers,penny,pespi,april and may. I have some funny chicken name suggestions how about eggy,rita,mika,zuri,cockadoodle,fingerlicken and blossom?
smile.png

The last group of chickens I got were named after female talk show or news show personalities. The son's of the woman who sold me the chickens named the smallest one Oprah so I named the others Barbara (Walters), Katie (Couric) and Ellen (De Generes).

Sherlock - exploring chickens
Arthur or McArthur
Flake - white chickens, especially silkies
Tiny - small chooks
These are a few ideas :p

Back
Top Bottom