Funny Chicken Names

Pics
We're getting our first backyard chickens tomorrow. My daughter and I have been trying to come up with some names. All I could think of was "Shelly". Love all the ideas here! We can't have a rooster but if we did, I'd be tempted to name him "Foghorn".

Well we have names for all of our chickens:(name and they breed)
Hoover- barred rock ( she loves to eat)
Sparky- amerecauna (after my dads friend who never shuts up and is really funny)
Chicken little- buff Orpington ( the smallest chicken out of the flock when we got them)
2 Rhode Island reds- dumb and dumber ( just really stupid)
T-Rex- Red Cross ( my cousins named her)
Chocolate chip- houdan ( she looks like a black and white cookie)
Frosty- silkies and his 3 gals have no names but we call the the SILKIE MAFIA cause they are always causing trouble and there pretty bad.

I have a dozen laying hens and they all have names thanks to my then 9 yo daughter. Most of them are pretty normal girls names but my 5 year old boy named 2 of my EE hens Steve and Mr. Kevin.

We have so many chickens that they have to share names. The only one who doesn't is Princess (aka - world's ugliest chicken). She has the distinction of being the only chicken out of our first batch that we didn't eat! (Shoulda named her LUCKY!)

4 of our Ladies Cluck share the name "Blacktip" and 34 of them share the very original name "Blackie". Can you tell a 4yo named them? I got dibs on naming the latest. This is Princess:

Ha-those are great. I think you should add Pot Pie and Cacciatore to the mix.

It sounds like a very reasonable excuse to get more chickens. :D

I had a Silky Roo named Foxxy. I added the extra x to his name when I found out he wasn't a hen. LOL

Back
Top Bottom