Funny Chicken Names

Pics
We have eight babies to name. So far we have...

Eggalina (EE)
Lucy (buff orpington)
Sadie (bantam mix)
Waffles (EE)
4 who are nameless: golden comet, either a black wyadonett or java (not sure what she is), easter egger and dark brahma

We are considering Tallulah, Marbles and Sophie so far but after reading a few of these posts we will have plenty more to consider.

Ok, three out of the four are no longer nameless...they are:

Screamin Nellie (or just Nellie but she sure does chirp the loudest, the first and the longest!) Java
Nugget (EE)
Sweetie (Dark Brahma) She is the sweetest chick who enjoys being held

The Comet still has yet to be named. Her name rests in the hands of my son who is dragging his feet on naming her.

Last edited:
I have two bantam cochins: Tank and Jaws (both hens)
I have a polish roo named Shark.

My 3 year old named them and will go up to them and say, "You're such a pretty girl Tanky-Tank" in is best baby talk.

Our other chickens are named:
Red
Aggie
Foghorn
Leghorn
Bunny
Nona (Short for No Name)
Ben (bantam roo)
Lizzy
Mariah
Betty
Wilma
Lucy
Penny
Magenta
Winnefred
Gertrude
Columbia (RIP-she was our brain damaged hen who was nearly pecked to death. She lived about a year before she passed naturally)
Trudy
Sally (our leghorn roo)
Midnight
Stormy
Thing One
Thing Two
LaFawndah
Tallola (polish roo)
Cinder
Briar Rose

Our ducks are:
Einstein (hen)
Ethel (hen)
Emmett (drake)

I got 2 chickens about 4 years ago. I called one Mary-Lou and the other Peggy-Sue. Peggy-Sue started to crow, a lot. I renamed him Gerald. I had to give him away and he is very loved. His new owner takes him to work with him every day and taught him how to "play dead"

Then I bought one that looks like a punk rocker. I called her Cindy and the other was very short and very fluffy, jet black. I called her Penny. When she walked you couldnt see her legs so her nick name was "hover chicken"

I have just bought two more and am looking for some names to compliment Cindy and Mary-Lou. Penny is no longer with us as she developed some mysterious illness and pass away overnight a while ago.

Our rooster is Russell Crow. We also have a Cocky Locky, Henny Penny and a Chicken Little!!!
big_smile.png

We have eight babies to name. So far we have...

Eggalina (EE)
Lucy (buff orpington)
Sadie (bantam mix)
Waffles (EE)
4 who are nameless: golden comet, either a black wyadonett or java (not sure what she is), easter egger and dark brahma

We are considering Tallulah, Marbles and Sophie so far but after reading a few of these posts we will have plenty more to consider.

Ok, three out of the four are no longer nameless...they are:

Screamin Nellie (or just Nellie but she sure does chirp the loudest, the first and the longest!) Java
Nugget (EE)
Sweetie (Dark Brahma) She is the sweetest chick who enjoys being held

The Comet still has yet to be named. Her name rests in the hands of my son who is dragging his feet on naming her.
When I saw Nugget I thought you might appreciate this, my son sent it to me.

hear are the names of all of mine:
Omlet
Krackow
Krocky
Sunny- side- up
Cleopatra
Twinkie
Buffy
BooBoo
Juliett (thought she was a roo till she layed an egg)
Stella Luna (my silkie runt)
Snowball
Ruby
Yogie
S'more
Henrietta
Jessie.
and i just hatched a little chick today!(thank you Krackow) i will name soon!

We have a motley bunch.
Babsie (formerly Miss Babsie until "she" crowed)
Kuro
Nitori
Dogberry
Mordekaiser
Fleance
Tux
Gemma (changed from the son's dubbing of Publius)
Isabel
Victoria
Kin'iro

I have a cripple Hampshire Red that we call Honky. He has a sister (not really but she's the same breed) that my husband just named Dory. Get it, Honky Dory? Everything's just hunky dory? I thought it was cute
D.gif

I don't have any chickens yet but when i do their some of their names will be

Greyling
Cluckie (Chuck E. Cheese)
Sebastian Bock (Bach)
Bocktoven (Beethoven)
Arnold SchwarzenEGGER
Casabocha (Casablanca)
Elikipecka-means "God is my oath"
Macaulay Cluckin(Culkin)
Elvis Preslay(Presley)
Cleopecktra(Cleopatra)