Fuzzy's Farm

That's Oklahoma. They got the fire stopped at 72nd. We live on 84th so it was kind of getting close. DH and I drove over there so we would know if we needed to be loading up all the animals. Luckily not this time!

Talking about Oklahoma, there's now one of our state reps who is trying to outlaw marriage. Seriously? He says that since people who are gay are allowed to marry in other states then morals have just disappeared and we should just get rid of marriage all together. Geeesh! How do we elect these stupid people? (FYI, not in my district so I didn't vote for him - ha)

Forgot to shut the pop door last night in all the excitement. I was so lucky that nothing got into the pen or coop and all the girls were okay. Whew - dodged that bullet!

Been using kent/blue seal. My birds seem to like it, and yeah, I pay more, but the birds seem healthier, on ok

Reason I dont' think it's frost bite... Well, Texas has this HUGE comb that flops over a bit (Which makes me think she's not a marans, but possible an orp/marans mix or an orp all together, she is the fatest butt chicken in the yard, stand completely different than marans standards, but she's lovely and I don't care one wit if she's not marans) and her comb is just fine

Texas IS a pure Marans Nova. The girl I bought them eggs from don't even have Orps. I also feed Kent feed. Birds have done so much better on it and the price isn't that much different from the Purina that TSC sells.

Last edited:
Been using kent/blue seal. My birds seem to like it, and yeah, I pay more, but the birds seem healthier, on ok

Reason I dont' think it's frost bite... Well, Texas has this HUGE comb that flops over a bit (Which makes me think she's not a marans, but possible an orp/marans mix or an orp all together, she is the fatest butt chicken in the yard, stand completely different than marans standards, but she's lovely and I don't care one wit if she's not marans) and her comb is just fine

Texas IS a pure Marans Nova. The girl I bought them eggs from don't even have Orps. I also feed Kent feed. Birds have done so much better on it and the price isn't that much different from the Purina that TSC sells.

Hope I didn't offend you... Not my intention. I am going to have to post a picture of what she's looking like. You wouldn't believe that size of her! She's just freaking hurnormous. She's bigger than Fia, and Fia was the biggest hen I had! She's probably as big as Florus, and he's topping in at 8 pounds! Blueberry on the other hand, she's fat and healthy too, but she's maybe topping in at 6!

Hope I didn't offend you... Not my intention. I am going to have to post a picture of what she's looking like. You wouldn't believe that size of her! She's just freaking hurnormous. She's bigger than Fia, and Fia was the biggest hen I had! She's probably as big as Florus, and he's topping in at 8 pounds! Blueberry on the other hand, she's fat and healthy too, but she's maybe topping in at 6!

Nope , didn't offend me. Was just saying. A lot of Marans are big. My coppers were huge. The girl I bought those eggs from guaranteed me they were pure.
1f60a.png

Back
Top Bottom