Game Cock Conditioner = much less poop?

Feeds that have animal proteins also have chemical replacements to get all the aminos,vitamins,minerals in the correct proportions.
Synthetic nutrients are not as good as the real thing.
Chickens do better on a feed that have animal proteins than one filled with synthetic amino acids.

Isn't dried whey an animal protein?
Yes BUT there is little used in that feed. Most likely 60 to 80 percent of that feed is the first 5 grain products and leaves 20 to 40 percent to the other ingredients with soybean meal, wheat middling and alfalfa meal still being more than the whey.
Also whey isn't the best animal protein for chickens.

So are you saying that a feed that has animal protein has no added synthetic amino acids?
I'm say there are less synthetic amino acids in a good feed that contains animal protein than a cheaper fed that contains 100% synthetic amino acids. This can be seen simply by reading a feed tag.

@ matt44644

To follow up on my last post and show a example look at these 2 feeds note that the second feed has animal proteins, no added L-Lysine and far less added DL-Methionine.

Flock Raiser
Ingredients:

Crude protein not less than -- 20%
Lysine not less than -- 0.95%
Methionine not less than -- 0.35%

Grain Products, Plant Protein Products, Processed Grain By-Products, Calcium Carbonate Molasses Products, Soybean Oil, Monocalcium Phosphate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Salt DL-Methionine, L-Lysine, Magnesium Sulfate, Potassium Sulfate, Choline Chloride, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (source of Vitamin K), Riboflavin Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin E Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Niacin Supplement, Vitamin B-12 Supplement, Biotin, Vitamin A Supplement, Folic Acid, Thiamine Mononitrate, Tagetes (Aztec Marigold) Extract (Color), Dried Aspergillus oryzae Fermentation Extract, Manganous Oxide, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Inulin, Calcium Iodate, Dried Enterococcus faecium Fermentation Product, Sodium Selenite, Dried Pediococcus acidilacticii Fermentation Product, Dried Bificobacterium animalis Fermentation product, Dried Lactobacillus reuteri Fermentation Product, Diatomaceous Earth

Exotic Gamebird Breeder
Ingredients:

Crude protein not less than -- 20%
Lysine not less than -- 1.0%
Methionine not less than -- 0.34%

Ground corn, dehulled soybean meal, wheat middlings, calcium carbonate, fish meal (menhaden), dehydrated alfalfa meal, soybean oil, brewers dried yeast, dicalcium phosphate, salt, calcium propionate (a preservative), mixed tocopherols (a preservative), cholecalciferol (vitamin D3), vitamin A acetate, d-alpha tocopheryl acetate (natural source vitamin E), manganous oxide, zinc oxide, choline chloride, niacin, calcium pantothenate, menadione sodium bisulfite complex (vitamin K), copper sulfate, vitamin B12 supplement, dl-methionine, riboflavin, pyridoxine hydrochloride, calcium iodate, folic acid, thiamin mononitrate, sodium selenite, biotin.

Chris if you look back at post #7 the last sentence "chickens are omnivores so feed manufacturers must add chemical replacements for the amino acids that soy beans don't have"
Upon reading that was why my post #8.
I never made a claim to which was better.

Somone told me that animal protein was kept out of feeds because of the need for more preservatives if it was added?

The vegetarian slant seems silly.

Somone told me that animal protein was kept out of feeds because of the need for more preservatives if it was added?

The vegetarian slant seems silly.

Dog and cat food all has animal protein, yes they add preservatives to keep the fat from going rancid. There are also natural preservatives, some natural dog food makers use vitamin E? Some vitamin, I think it was E.

Last edited:
Most likely the reason why your seeing less coming out the back end of your birds on this conditioner feed is because it is a high energy low protein feed and your birds are using more of the available nutrients so there is less waste. The Flock Raiser is higher in protein, most likely lower in energy and your birds didn't need as much of the available nutrients to survive and so the extra comes out the back end of your birds as waste.
The extra nutrients get pooped out in large quantities?

I thought animals retained FAT when they had too many nutrients/calories. If it just gets "pooped out" then wouldn't there be far less obese people/animals around?

Last edited:
The extra nutrients get pooped out in large quantities?

I thought animals retained FAT when they had too many nutrients/calories. If it just gets "pooped out" then wouldn't there be far less obese people/animals around?
First your comparing all animals, second chickens are quite different than other animals.
Chickens eat to fill a caloric need, once that need is met they stop eating which is unlike most animals. Yes there body will retain some nutrients but some is also passed.
Feces contains water, dead bacteria, indigestible food matter such as cellulose and fibers, fats, inorganic matter, etc.

Back
Top Bottom