German New Hampshire

Quote:
Me!
lau.gif

Quote:
Oh they are just beautiful Mrs. Beth. As a matter of fact I packed one of boys "Rusty" to the house today to show him and me off to my sis and her kids and mom. They all just love these orange chickens.
lol.png

I took pics yesterday of my ones too as soon as I get them edited prolly tomorrow I shall post them on here and the other thread Mrs. Kathy has going on.

On the wry tail I agree with gjensen on its just something that's gonna pop up from time to time in these guys/gals as we can't expect all of them to be perfect but just almost
tongue.png
. I had one of my 3 boys that was wry tailed and of course he had the more yellow feet out of the bunch but I culled him as the wry tail is something undesired and the yellow in the feet can be improved, the lesser of the 2 evils I guess is how to put it.

Off to never-never land here shortly, gnite all

Jeff

Last edited:
Quote:
Thanks, he is my favorite and the one I plan on using at this point - there is another very similar to him, and I am going to try to keep them both for a while and see what happens.
The other two are good, but there is just something about that guy, we named him Charlie.

Jeff, thanks! I want to see pics!

Quote:
Thanks, he is my favorite and the one I plan on using at this point - there is another very similar to him, and I am going to try to keep them both for a while and see what happens.
The other two are good, but there is just something about that guy, we named him Charlie.

Jeff, thanks! I want to see pics!

I.I. yes ma'am I gotta do a little mechanicing today and this evening I'll do my best to get some pics edited of these NHs and projects too.

Jeff

Last edited:
Here's some of my NH pics ya'll bear with me I "ain't no photographer but i try like i mentioned elksewhere chicken pics. are hard to take they don't ever turnout just like when you pull the trigger well mine sure don't
lol.png

Rusty my #1 boy the blade on his comb is a little off but not enough for me not to use him as a breeder male he's huge too the pics don't do him justice, either.
2011_101010-10-110007.jpg

2011_101010-10-110006.jpg

My 2 boys and their step brother/brood-mate dark cornish(Bart)
2011_101010-10-110009.jpg

My one lone little girl Daddy's lil' girl I gotta get some better ones of her she's hard to get good one of to energetic unlike her slothy bros.
2011_101010-10-110051.jpg

This is (Hot Rod) he's not a NH or even a bantam NH but(whispers' he thinks he is and also he thinks he's as big as these guys to) just thought I'd throw him in 'cause he's pretty'n orange too,
lol.png

2011_101010-10-110016.jpg

2011_101010-10-110022.jpg

Jeff

Quote:
Why thanks Mrs. Beth and I bet he has some brothers in your flock that are equally the same too, huh?
lol.png

I think I saw one in your bunch, Kathy's or George's can't remember but anyway they could sure pass for brothers, imagine that.
smile.png

Jeff

Shocking, isn't it? Somebody has been getting around! Have your girls started laying? I have at least one girl laying, maybe two - I have collected three eggs on three different days, one was rounder than the other two.

Catdaddyfro

Rusty and company are spectacular birds- I keep coming back to this post to stare at these photos.

love.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Good mornin' Mrs Beth and on your egg laying ques. I don't think my lil girl is laying yet but she may be. I have her cooped up with all my this years pullets I havent noticed her in the nest or practicing anyway.

That's good that yours are coming into production esp right now that means they will lay some thru the winter and won't have to wiat till early spring to start up.

Jeff

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom