Goat Toys! How To Make Toys That Are Perfect For Your Goats!

I love this idea! We will be getting 4 pygmys in a couple of weeks. They are three months old and I've been trying to decide how to entertain them in the barn as they will probably be in there for a week or so as they aclimate to the farm. The space is large and I'm building sleeping shelves in one corner. Any other ideas?

Get things for them to jump on & over, again cynder blocks are good for this. Also get something they can scratch them selves on like a door mad with those rubber nubs, take that & put it on the wall. One thing that you can do as a small toy is a music jug as I call it. i did this for my donkey & a smaller one for my goats & the seem to like it. Here's what you do.
You will need:

small, empty laundry detergent bottle

rope, tie line, or twine from hay bales (make sure it is Strong)

duct tape

items that rattle & can not brake, I use walnuts, beads, bouncy balls ect.

Take the bottle & but your small items inside.

Use duct tape to tape the top on well & decorate the sides,

Use the rope to tie around the bottles handle. Tie a few different ways & make sure there is more then one rope. I like to braid one, then tie knots over & over with another.

They like this because it makes noise & they can chew on the rope.

We have three goats and all have different personalites, could they all share the same toy, or would they each need thier own? I will give you each goats personality, and eating habits if it will help.

Goat 1: Sweet and laid back, very mature for her one year. Has a kid. Is always either sleeping with her kid, or nibbling on hay. LOVES fresh weeds, and raisins.

Goat 2: Is Goat 1's kid, nearly identical personality and likes, keeps to himself mostly, enoys fresh weeds just as much as Goat 1.

Goat 3: Very friendly, not afraid of hieghts, loves to be held, playfull, likes to nibble on hair, clothes, etc...

Last edited:
female goat:
active
likes to buck things
dislikes my dogs
EATS A LOT!
likes company
likes to run

Baby boy goat:
follows the female EVERYWHERE!
EATS A LOT!!!
A little human shy
likes to run around a lot

For CL

I suggest for the first 2 to get an old sand box, they can sleep in it & its very fun for them to paw, dig & adjust the sand. But you would have to keep it clean. For the weeds, do the crate idea that I suggested a few posts ago. For goat number 3, I think making steps & a high platform would be good.

Take wood boards & make steps getting higher & higher. Make them a few Inches apart so he can jump from step to step. At the top, or the highest point, make a platform to sit on. You couls also make a few tiny hurtles for them to jump over.

Disco!

If your goat likes company then try out comfort toys. Old, strong, stuffed animals can work, or a pillow, or blanket. You could also make a small scarecrow to act like a person, then everyday move it around, I did this when my goats were young. For running, again try hurtles. For eating, one this I suggest for EVERYONE is to take a hay rack & fill it with weeds & stuff. Have it outside.

Disco!

If your goat likes company then try out comfort toys. Old, strong, stuffed animals can work, or a pillow, or blanket. You could also make a small scarecrow to act like a person, then everyday move it around, I did this when my goats were young. For running, again try hurtles. For eating, one this I suggest for EVERYONE is to take a hay rack & fill it with weeds & stuff. Have it outside.
THANKS!!!!!!!

Come on tell friends about this post cuz I like helping people!!!!!!!!!!! And goats for that matter lol

Back
Top Bottom