Goat Toys! How To Make Toys That Are Perfect For Your Goats!

Baby Chick

Songster
7 Years
Feb 28, 2012
I love making toys for my donkey. Now I make toys for my goats too. I make toys & give them to my friends for their farm animals too. In the process I have found that not all goats like the same types of toys. So you tell me about yours goats, personality, eating habits, or anything else about your goats likes and dislikes, and I will think of a toy that would best suit them. I will tell you how to make the toy & what you will need, I might also suggest what toys you can buy. Some can also suggest toys that they think are more suitable.

P.S. Please read previous posts, you could find what you are looking for.

Last edited:
I would take a milk crate & tie it up to something high up. Then I would stick hay, branches, leaves, treats in there so they can eat through the crate. Make sure it is low enough so they can butt it & knock it around when it is empty.

You could also take one of those jolly ball things, or anything round with a handle, and tie the handle to something & they can butt that too.

I would take a milk crate & tie it up to something high up. Then I would stick hay, branches, leaves, treats in there so they can eat through the crate. Make sure it is low enough so they can butt it & knock it around when it is empty.

You could also take one of those jolly ball things, or anything round with a handle, and tie the handle to something & they can butt that too.
Thanks!! Good ideas :D

Thanks! If this thread picks up I will do more threads like this for different animals. But so far it doesn't look like we will be getting there anytime soon..

I would make something they can climb on & through. Take old dog houses, kids play houses, anything of that sort & put it in their pen. You can also get cynder blocks & stack them all over the place to make small tunnels, mountains, bridges, and more. I have done this with my goats! It helps keep them busy. Just don't put them close to the edges of the pen or they might hop out. My goats love jumping from one to another & going through tunnels. The tunnels can keep them cool on a hot day as well. Not only are cynder blocks fun for them, but they keep their hoofs maintained, so less clipping for you!

Back
Top Bottom