Going head to head with a Horned goat pic added 5/9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Exactly...horned or dehorned, you shouldn't be turning your back on it whether you trust it or not. If YOU have your backed turned to a goat (or any animal for that matter) you have only yourself to blame for the injuries you may receive. However, I *have* seen horned goats do much more damage than a dehorned goat, just for the simple fact that the horns can act like hooks. Its easier for an arm, leg, shirt, or pants to get caught up in the horns, especially when playing.

I just don't understand what the big deal is.
idunno.gif
I have a horse that I trust more than most other animals and who is trained very well. Just about any one could ride him and he doesn't have a mean bone in his body. That doesn't mean I still haven't been injured by him. Most animals have the potential to injure whether they are trained or not. What really makes the difference is the mindfulness of the people around the animals.

I just don't see the point of arguing with the OP. No animals were injured and no humans harmed.

i can turn my back on my goat..no problem! maybe you cant because you played this way with yours also?? and then they thought it was okay to jump on you?? .... but..i most certainly CAN turn my back on my goats.
roll.png

Quote:
clap.gif
Yeah katy!.. It iS a big deal!...I have a large Alpine. And he dosent try to ram me..he NEVER gets on his hind legs to charge me....NEVER. You know why? because i NEVER played rough with him..i never LET him do that to me! hes a big goat..and he would be dangerous if he "played" like that. Now he does play that way with my other goat..and thats okay..thats normal...but if he did that to me??..i'd know he had lost his respect for me...and big problems are in the future! Stop arguing with him people...he simply does not get it...so no sense in going round and round with the kid.

icon__clap.gif
icon__clap.gif
icon__clap.gif

Quote:
clap.gif
Yeah katy!.. It iS a big deal!...I have a large Alpine. And he dosent try to ram me..he NEVER gets on his hind legs to charge me....NEVER. You know why? because i NEVER played rough with him..i never LET him do that to me! hes a big goat..and he would be dangerous if he "played" like that. Now he does play that way with my other goat..and thats okay..thats normal...but if he did that to me??..i'd know he had lost his respect for me...and big problems are in the future! Stop arguing with him people...he simply does not get it...so no sense in going round and round with the kid.

just like they learn how to do this, how they can lock up with other goats and not you it can be learned to play with some people and not others, i just dont see how you can tell me how smart my goat is when you dont even know it, you acting like this is some killer goat, and its not it is a very loving gentle goat, it knows when it can play and it knows when not to, i just dont see wher eyou come in and talk about my goat when you dont even know it

Quote:
Exactly...horned or dehorned, you shouldn't be turning your back on it whether you trust it or not. If YOU have your backed turned to a goat (or any animal for that matter) you have only yourself to blame for the injuries you may receive. However, I *have* seen horned goats do much more damage than a dehorned goat, just for the simple fact that the horns can act like hooks. Its easier for an arm, leg, shirt, or pants to get caught up in the horns, especially when playing.

I just don't understand what the big deal is.
idunno.gif
I have a horse that I trust more than most other animals and who is trained very well. Just about any one could ride him and he doesn't have a mean bone in his body. That doesn't mean I still haven't been injured by him. Most animals have the potential to injure whether they are trained or not. What really makes the difference is the mindfulness of the people around the animals.

I just don't see the point of arguing with the OP. No animals were injured and no humans harmed.

i can turn my back on my goat..no problem! maybe you cant because you played this way with yours also?? and then they thought it was okay to jump on you?? .... but..i most certainly CAN turn my back on my goats.
roll.png

i can do the same thing to and it wont do anything, its like you guys are saying i training this thing to attack and im not im PLAYING with it

Quote:
clap.gif

just like they learn how to do this, how they can lock up with other goats and not you it can be learned to play with some people and not others, i just dont see how you can tell me how smart my goat is when you dont even know it, you acting like this is some killer goat, and its not it is a very loving gentle goat, it knows when it can play and it knows when not to, i just dont see wher eyou come in and talk about my goat when you dont even know it

Bock....my goat is also very very friendly! its NOT about him being mean and trying to kill you! its about...its a goats natural instinct to "play rough" with his herd mates...they ram each other ..stand on their hind legs and paw the air..etc... AND THAT IS VERY DANGEROUS TO HUMANS THAT HAVE TO CARE FOR THEM..FEED THEM...BE IN THEIR PENS DAILY! and if you dont teach him that playing this way with YOU (a human) IS WRONG... you are gonna regret it someday when he gets out of hand..(AND HE WILL)..but..anyways..you are not going to listen...you think its cool...
roll.png
...just keep doing what you are. youre right and all these people that have raised goats for many,many years are wrong,okay...does that work for you now? good luck kid!

By "playing" with it in this manner you are training it to attack. It's a goat and it's learning a behavior that it will repeat. It doesn't know the difference no matter how much you'd like to believe it does. It's only a matter of time before it decides to "play" with a person who is not prepared to play back.

Quote:
ever been rammed by a 100 lb goat? ever been kicked in the face by one standing on its hind legs? i would guess not or you would not say that...
roll.png

Red hen i have been kicked, stomped, knocked down, and thrown by more animals than you can count.

Quote:

Bock....my goat is also very very friendly! its NOT about him being mean and trying to kill you! its about...its a goats natural instinct to "play rough" with his herd mates...they ram each other ..stand on their hind legs and paw the air..etc... AND THAT IS VERY DANGEROUS TO HUMANS THAT HAVE TO CARE FOR THEM..FEED THEM...BE IN THEIR PENS DAILY! and if you dont teach him that playing this way with YOU (a human) IS WRONG... you are gonna regret it someday when he gets out of hand..(AND HE WILL)..but..anyways..you are not going to listen...you think its cool...
roll.png
...just keep doing what you are. youre right and all these people that have raised goats for many,many years are wrong,okay...does that work for you now? good luck kid!

this is what i dont understand how are you telling me what my goat is going to do you havnt even seen it besides in these pics please tell me how you know its gonna ram some unsuspecting person

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom