Golden Retriever Thread!

Willow and Lucy at 4 weeks:

Willow and Lucy at 8 weeks or so:

As we grew:

Now we're almost 10 months old and sharing the couch with mom!:

We're actually planning on breeding our two lovies later down the line. Once they are two maybe, then spaying for them both. They're AKC with good health background on five gens, and so sweet, plus Willow is an amazing tracker so they have some stellar qualities I'm hoping they'll pass along.

That sounds like fun. Breeding dogs is something I personally do not know much about, but I've got a friend who breeds her purebred Black lab, and those dogs are now seeing eye dogs, military working dogs, big stuff. Then she had kids.....:lol:

Here are my babies! Now six weeks old. I've got deposits on both the girls (one going to California and the other to Colorado!) but so far no interest in the boys.
Im not understanding why everyone only wants the females!

California girl

Colorado girl

First boy (my favorite in the litter!)

Second boy, hamming it up for the camera

Here are my babies! Now six weeks old. I've got deposits on both the girls (one going to California and the other to Colorado!) but so far no interest in the boys.
Im not understanding why everyone only wants the females!

California girl

Colorado girl

First boy (my favorite in the litter!)

Second boy, hamming it up for the camera

Oh too cute!. Do you have both your own breeding pair? We have two females and are not sure if we'd rather pay for a stud service or buy a male pup to join our family.

When i breed my dogs i trade a future puppy for stud service // just a thought,, i can afford the extras puppy though since I have pitbulls and my litters average about 10 pups
Oh too cute!. Do you have both your own breeding pair? We have two females and are not sure if we'd rather pay for a stud service or buy a male pup to join our family.

I used a stud, but I only have 1 female and I've only bred her this time, and I'm only going to breed her once more. If I had more than one female and planned on having more than 2 litters, I'd definitely buy my own male because those stud fees add up FAST, especially if you're using a quality stud.
Two stud fees would buy me a male, one more fee would cover OFA testing, another would probably buy me dog food for a year, and that's only 4 breedings, if I had 2 or 3 females times x amount of breedings, I'd be better off finding a male in the long run.
Plus you get to love more dogs, right?
1f60a.png

Back
Top Bottom