good dog! (dead animal pic...)

LindsayB

Songster
11 Years
Apr 26, 2008
Cypress, Texas
I let my dog outside a little while ago...we have a german shepherd...and he killed a possum! this is the second one he has killed in a week! Those things are nasty! My chickens should feel pretty safe now.....

Here is Mason...
mason005.jpg

and what he did tonight... lol
chickens048.jpg

Are you sure he's not just "playing possum?" Our husky "killed" a possum a few years ago and a while later the durned thang got up and waddled off into the woods. I hope yours is really dead!
big_smile.png

When I was a kid, our cat had kittens in a box on the front porch. Every morning we would go out and 1 kitten would be missing. One morning when we went out, our husky had jumped the fenced backyard, and there was possum "bits" scattered all over the yard:sick. No more missing kittens! The dog "adopted" one of the kittens--he would go to the box, and mama cat would just roll over and let him take his kitty. He'd carry him all over the yard, very gently. You'd see this big dog trotting happily along with a purring kitten head sticking out of his mouth LOL He had him so spoiled that when the other kittens were big enough to get out of the box, this one was too fat to walk:gig

Back
Top Bottom