Green Egger Naked Neck Thread

Pics
I love it. Looks like a small dinosaur destined to take over the world. Move over Godzilla.

"Nakedneck is here"....not the same ring as mothra but .....

Do you have Amy blues and barred in the coop together? What another any whites?
I have blues, but not barred. I put the barred hens in my frizzle pen to make some frizzled Silkies :)

The barring is very obvious for the boys. They are full black with white dots on the heads. Always boys

Now at 1 week old the wing feathers are a solid blue! Not barred.. but they have a yellow dot on the head??

I have blues, but not barred. I put the barred hens in my frizzle pen to make some frizzled Silkies :) 

The barring is very obvious for the boys. They are full black with white dots on the heads. Always boys

Now at 1 week old the wing feathers are a solid blue! Not barred.. but they have a yellow dot on the head?? 

Confusing, I know.
Could the white silkies be carrying barring?

1 week to the day a second pullet from the set if 7 has started laying, this one is sitting right at 2 1/2 ounces. Another not a pullet egg.
Unfortunately this egg is brown (almost pink). Need to find out which one it is and tag her. To be sure she goes to an Easter Egger/Ameraucana rooster.

Every one of these hens have pea combs, also.

As for the big eggs from them my guess their daddy's mother laid a large egg. The hens I had in with him is consider their eggs as medium.
I'm totally guessing at this, I figure the pullets would take back after the maternal grandmother.

ETA: this pullet will be 25 weeks old tomorrow 3-26-15.

Last edited:
Two more started laying today from this set. 24 weeks old today. Another layer if each, 1 brown and 1 green. Now these are pullet sized eggs.

Now three more to go.

Last edited:
Can something carry barring without showing it? I don't know.. Kev/??

Yes- white birds can hide the barring or any other color they have... think of white as a mask of sorts and not truly a color.

Some blues can be barred but it's barely visible.. blue can 'mess' with patterning as it's a pigment diluter. I'm not entirely clear on why some blue barreds are so obvious, some not with variations in between.

Pretty bird! :)

Got all six of my Green Egger Naked Neck pullets moved into a run ( coop ) together today. Noe the search is on for a rooster for them. Because I don't know for sure which ones are laying what color if eggs, I think I'll probably be going with a rooster that came from a blue/green egg. A Easter Egger, Aneraucana or Araucana. If I were to run across one of the Arkansas Blue Egg Layer rooster I might would even consider him.

Whatever I find though its gonna have to be a cheap one. I still don't have a job.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom