Green Egger Naked Neck Thread

Pics
We have a bunch of nn X arucana and nn x sebright chicks we get from a local guy to hatch some of ours are f1 and some are f2...here is the odd part, he has f2s that lay blue eggs...i thought they would be all green eggs since they were being crossed back over to the same turken roo for the most part.

Could be the rooster is from a white or cream egg or even a blue egg himself, unless you know his breeding.

I have a NN hen that lays a white egg, which I'm trying to correct to brown in the following generations.

Could be the rooster is from a white or cream egg or even a blue egg himself, unless you know his breeding.

I have a NN hen that lays a white egg, which I'm trying to correct to brown in the following generations.
Well...the Turken Roo is unknown but the eggs come out a few shade of brown, green, and blue between f1 crosses and f2 crosses. The only chickens in that pen are the Turken Roo, arucana's with tufts, and f1 offspring from those two....as well as one golden seabright and her f1 crosses to the turken...those eggs come out a darker peach then normal seabright eggs...however they also make large bantam NN that are melanistic so its a cool cross.

Well...the Turken Roo is unknown but the eggs come out a few shade of brown, green, and blue between f1 crosses and f2 crosses. The only chickens in that pen are the Turken Roo, arucana's with tufts, and f1 offspring from those two....as well as one golden seabright and her f1 crosses to the turken...those eggs come out a darker peach then normal seabright eggs...however they also make large bantam NN that are melanistic so its a cool cross.

Glad you're getting tge blue eggs. That was my goal before I gave it up.

Anyone sell hatching eggs?
Looking for 4-8 nn blue or green eggs shipped to NJ

I had planned to sell them this year but I sold off all my green egg laying stock except for one.

Right now though I'd be afraid to nail them until this bird flu stuff is gone away. I'm not NPIP so they'd probably come after me.

Anyway most if not all the green egg genes will be going away, as I'm breeding to straight Naked Neck.

If I had been able to keep all the stock I had, had to sell them because i had no job fir five months now. Finally found one that I start Monday. I'd have been glad to have sent you some when things with the bird flu gets better.

If things work out and I still have the green egg layer I'll try to get you some eggs together by next spring. Just touch base with me off and on and let me know how the search is going for you and we will ar what we can come up with.

EE and NN are two of the breeds I'm looking to use in my fun mixing :)

Now just to choose a larger bodied breed. I'm thinking Jersey Giant, but after a bit more research, the feed-production ratio sketches me out.

EE and NN are two of the breeds I'm looking to use in my fun mixing :)

Now just to choose a larger bodied breed. I'm thinking Jersey Giant, but after a bit more research, the feed-production ratio sketches me out.

Any if the "large" breeds are going to consume more feed, just goes to reason. That is why I'm using a Blue Jersey Giant in my cross to Naked Necks. One bird versus a lot of birds. I'm not tryjng to make Jersey Giant Naked Necks but just trying to get a little bit bigger bird than the average NN hen. My rooster have fairly good size. Just need a bit more size and weight on the hens.

I have a Araucana ( the real thing, rumplessness, he doesn't have any tufts yet he's still a bit young) rooster in with three hens to see if I can get more green egg layers.

Last edited:
This may well be back on.

I had culled what I thought all of my green egg laying Naked Neck hens. When I do e that found out I had another that started later than the rat of the hens and she laid a light green egg.

I had a younger group of actually two that were only 1/4 Eater Egger. I started getting more eggs so I thought the blue egg gene was gone from that line. Well had a coon get into that run and caught one of those hens the two looked exactly alike. A day or two later I found another green egg this one was darker nearly an olive color. So a few days later I caught this one on the neat as soon as she came off I checked and she was another late starter.

So now with two laying green eggs and I'm getting ready to set some birthday chicks ( my present to myself) I'm saving every green egg to set along with eggs from three NN hens in a run by themselves with a Araucana ( yes a real Araucaba, rumplessness and all) rooster.

I'll set all these I can gather also and see if I can't get these back on track.

I'm glad to hear you are working again. It must be a great relief.
I'm happy you are back on track with your project. Using an Araucana will probably produce some rump-less chicks.
That would be cool. Rumpless, nn, green egg layers.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom