Green Egger Naked Neck Thread

Pics
This was taken today @ 7 weeks and 4 days old. Growing so fast.

One of two pullets that hatched from green eggs. I didn't get a shot of the second one.

I will be updating pictures soon. Going to have to find a good day for pictures. I tried to today but the sun sermed to be too bright at every angle I tried to snap pictures.

I will be updating pictures soon. Going to have to find a good day for pictures. I tried to today but the sun sermed to be too bright at every angle I tried to snap pictures.

Yeah that is a problem, especially with the phone camera it seems. yesterday I took some pictures of the little girl that I wondered was mottled.. they looked good on the phone but when I uploaded to the computer, the picture came out with too much contrast..... aggghh.

My daughter picked up two lavender orps, and while she was there the lady had two naked neck olive egg babies, so she bought them for me because she knows how much I love my naked necks. Soo excited to watch them grow. I hope they are both hens!

My daughter picked up two lavender orps, and while she was there the lady had two naked neck olive egg babies, so she bought them for me because she knows how much I love my naked necks. Soo excited to watch them grow. I hope they are both hens!

Great, enjoy them to the fullest.

I'll be back with more pictures when it dries out a bit here, they're all muddy.

Here are the two pullets hatched from green eggs.

Still holding out hoping for green eggs from them also.

I was going to try to get pictures today, but it is storming really bad today and the rest of the week looks like more if the same.
We've been under tornado warnings today and continues until 1:00 pm which is about another 1/2 hour.

I'm going to keep this thread alive.

Right now I don't have any green egg layers except this one:

I have two young pullets hatched from green eggs but have no ideal just yet if they'll lay the green eggs or not, their dad was not from a green egg laying line so it's still up in the air.

Anyone else working on these are very welcome to post their work and comments and pictures here.

I'll post from time to time to keep it up in my " where I've posted" line.

This spring hopefully I'm going to get some hatching eggs from mottled Easter Eggers crossed to a Biff Rock rooster. Hopefully these will help this line along.

Mottled ee to buff rock, that is an interesting cross.

I got a little excited today, a pullet laid a green egg. It seemed cockerel after cockerel kept as potential colored eggers proved not to be carriers as their daughters started to lay tans and browns... but finally a daughter of another cockerel laid her very first egg today, and it's green. It was not really an important thing to me but still, it was a nice little bit of relief to know it was not totally lost in a line.

Back
Top Bottom