Green Egger Naked Neck Thread

Pics
Mottled ee to buff rock, that is an interesting cross.

I got a little excited today, a pullet laid a green egg.  It seemed cockerel after cockerel kept as potential colored eggers proved not to be carriers as their daughters started to lay tans and browns...   but finally a daughter of another cockerel laid her very first egg today, and it's green. It was not really an important thing to me but still, it was a nice little bit of relief to know it was not totally lost in a line.

I thought it was interesting also.
I need to see if he'll post pictures of the mottled gals.
There is a *guy* I think here in Arkansas that posts on the Arkansas thread with them. Ridgerunner in BYC.

Last edited:
Well I'll join in. I just hatched some EEs, Ameraucana over NN. They'll all be green egg layers. I'm hoping that I have a nn cockerel that I can breed back to NNs to get a few homozygous offspring (all my girls, from Ideal, are hetero). NNs are my best layers and I'd love to have more of them! I'll post pics tomorrow...

Well I'll join in. I just hatched some EEs, Ameraucana over NN. They'll all be green egg layers. I'm hoping that I have a nn cockerel that I can breed back to NNs to get a few homozygous offspring (all my girls, from Ideal, are hetero). NNs are my best layers and I'd love to have more of them! I'll post pics tomorrow...

Welcome.
Be sure to keep plenty of pictures posted.

Finally got a shot of my one and only green egg layer NN. I loved her to a run and out her with her new BF.
if she starts back to laying before the Easter Hatch a Ling I'll incubate their eggs.

Hen:

Rooster:

Beautiful!   I'd like to see chicks out of this pair.

I hoping she'll get back to laying pretty soon so that I can set some eggs for this Easter Hatch-A-Long.

What would you call his coloring? I say a Lemon Blue Birchen.

I'm not sure.. what was his chick down pattern?

Birchen is a good guess however it appears he is showing duckwing pattern.. birchens are crowwinged. I'm wondering if he might be a partridge.

Their chicks will give some more hints of what they are.

I'm not sure.. what was his chick down pattern?

Birchen is a good guess however it appears he is showing duckwing pattern.. birchens are crowwinged.    I'm wondering if he might be a partridge.

Their chicks will give some more hints of what they are. 

Basically like it is now. You could always see the blue cream coloring, at about a week you could see the patterning start to show. I wouldn't say he was chipmunked.

He does however have Duckwing in his background from the EE.

I always forget about crowwing, I heard the phrase but don't know I've ever seen it or even recognize it.

Back
Top Bottom