Hey Grandpa, What's for Supper? Part 2

We are going to have breakfast for supper starring garbage omlets. Everything I can find are going into these omlets LOL.

Glad to see everyone is finding the new thread.

Skand, Skunk LOL. I do know people who have ate it, I will not ask what that taste like. I thought after reading the pred thread that ya all would be having husky for supper LOL

There are a lot of things I will eat and have eaten, but skunk would NOT be on my *must try* list.
sickbyc.gif

Tonight will be beef stew (it's in the crockpot), French bread, and salad. DD has band practice after school so I needed something I could make ahead of time.

Zookeeper - Here's the recipe for the French bread and directions for the bowls. I let my bread machine do all the work, then form, rise and bake!

1 1/2 cups water
4 cups bread flour
1 TBSP sugar
2 1/2 tsps salt
2 1/4 tsps yeast

1 egg white mixed with water for glazing loaves

Mix and knead until elastic, about 10 minutes. Let rise until double. Punch down and roll dough into a log.

Cut dough into 5 (or 6 for smaller bowls) equal portions. Form dough into ball shape, folding and tucking to remove air. Place on pan with seam side down. Let rise until double in size.

Brush rounds with egg wash.

Bake at 375 degrees about 20-25 minutes.

When cool, remove top 1/4 of bread bowl. Carefully cut out (or pull) bread from the inside, leaving about 1/4 inch of bread around sides and bottom. Place on plate (or bowl) and fill with soup. Tuck the "lid" alongside.

I use the "wasted" bread for breadcrumbs, croutons, or bread pudding.

I hope you enjoy them!
smile.png

We're having shepherd's pie with the leftover taco meat. Added some sour cream and jalps to mine,...mmmm It's almost like a taco potato.
We really had pork chops, the kids were so upset that Jim called animal control to pick up the skunk, so he told them it was skunk. They ate every bite, just afraid Alyssa went to school and told them we fed her skunk!

I remember Bear Grylls of Man vs. Wild eating skunk and saying it tasted like it was smeared with poo.
sickbyc.gif

We had seared pork chops and garlic confetti rice tonight.

lol..Then that would be the food that Jim cooks....outside, and don't even begin to try to bring it in.
He already has the rule that lobster and scallops are cooked outside. I hate washing the pots as it is when he cooks it, don't even add the smell too. lol

skand - Jim and the girls sound like adventurous eaters.... along the lines of Ted Nugent! Kill it and grill it!
big_smile.png

I made a Pizza Rustica (Italian cheese pie made with 4 cheeses, eggs, salami and Italian sausage) tonight with sliced tomatoes drizzled with olive oil and balsamic vinegar on the side.

Back
Top Bottom