Horse Talk

Finally got back in the saddle today, after 6 months. I was really nervous, so I did more walking than riding, but I had to take advantage of the 79° day and the freshly brush hogged field. I tried to ride June into the pond but I couldn't do it, so then my grandpa got on and she threw a little hissy fit, as you can see lol. And then he finally got her in the pond! (Her first first without me :hit).
Oh and I had to include the ugly picture of me texting, because it shows me and June's relationship, we're just lazy pals and she lets me use her as an arm rest all the time.
*I don't like that my grandpa smokes while riding but he's stubborn and old fashioned and he was helping me so I let it slide this time
IMG_6106.JPG
IMG_6108.JPG
IMG_6110.JPG
IMG_6121.JPG
IMG_6122.JPG
IMG_6123.JPG
IMG_6124.JPG
IMG_6125.JPG
IMG_6126.JPG
IMG_6127.JPG
IMG_6128.JPG
IMG_6129.JPG

Finally got back in the saddle today, after 6 months. I was really nervous, so I did more walking than riding, but I had to take advantage of the 79° day and the freshly brush hogged field. I tried to ride June into the pond but I couldn't do it, so then my grandpa got on and she threw a little hissy fit, as you can see lol. And then he finally got her in the pond! (Her first first without me :hit).
Oh and I had to include the ugly picture of me texting, because it shows me and June's relationship, we're just lazy pals and she lets me use her as an arm rest all the time.
*I don't like that my grandpa smokes while riding but he's stubborn and old fashioned and he was helping me so I let it slide this time
View attachment 1053852 View attachment 1053853 View attachment 1053854 View attachment 1053855 View attachment 1053856 View attachment 1053857 View attachment 1053858 View attachment 1053860 View attachment 1053861 View attachment 1053862 View attachment 1053863 View attachment 1053864

XD I'm always nervous when i "ride." :lol: I know it's largly my 'fault,' but i kinda blame my first riding teacher.... she was afraid to let me and my sister canter for some reason, and now I'm always super cautious even trotting Smoke for fear he deliberatly spooks at something and bolts. :hit
I needs confidence.... :hmm

And that is one of the reasons i don't want to let dad ride Smoke. XD And cuz he knows nothing about my general routine with him, or how close we are..... sometimes having a one-person horse is fun, other times it straight up sucks. :lol: :rolleyes:

We're the saaaame, but I never had riding lessons, so I just never learned how to trot or canter when I was young. But whenever I ride I'm always afraid she'll get spooked or excited and that she'll take off and I won't be able to stop her! And I don't even know why that scares me because I have loped before and it wasn't scary, and I've fallen before and it didn't hurt. Ugh. But I get all nervous and tense which makes her act all squirrelly and the I can't control her so I get off lol. But I know if I practice enough that I can gain some confidence, because last fall I was riding about 5 days a week and I rode her down trails and on roads and in wide open fields and everything and wasn't nervous. Just gotta get back to that place. And I feel ya, June is a 2 person horse, she does really weirdly love my grandpa and I don't know why (all my animals do) and she loves me, but anyone else rides her and she's like nah, I ain't gonna move or listen at all. And she's a little different since being at the "trainers", I think she worked so much on making her trot and lope (ya know cuz June probably didn't wanna move since it wasn't me) that now June thinks she's gotta move out real fast as soon as I get on.

Ohh, side note though, the field that I'm in in the first two pictures is completely fenced off from the rest of the farm, and it's a perfect rectangle and perfectly flat, so I asked my grandpa if we can just turn it into a huge arena, and he said he'd think about it if I can improve my confidence while riding! And him thinking about something is a pretty big deal lol.
So I think I'm gonna work hard on getting more confident this summer, and if I can lope across that stupid wide open field by the end of summer, then I'm going to ask him if we can get rid of all the grass and start turning it into an arena for my 21st birthday (which is in October, so it's a perfect amount of time for him to think and me to build confidence).

I got to say I think your grampa is really cool! I think the best way to gain your confidence is so simply ride. That old quote about no time is lost spent in the saddle! Just keep doing it and it will come with time!
He is! He's the best. And I know, I just hate that it takes me so long to gain confidence!

Sometimes I like to daydream about breeding June, even though I won't actually do it. Here's the stud I'm day dreaming about today, mostly because he's my favorite color for a horse (black with blue eyes) and he's got Mr Gunsmoke on his papers like June.
IMG_6141.JPG
IMG_6142.jpg

He is a nice stallion! I totally get it about daydreaming about future foals. I have two mares that I would love to breed to but I really desperately want a Friesian and the money to put my mares in foal (if I'm lucky, there's no garauntee!) takes away from that. So, I understand. I would probably even type this stallion and mare combo into the horse color calculator too, just for fun!

Back
Top Bottom