Horse Talk

Pics
I knew what you meant
1f602.png

Our pond is drying up this year, it use to be twice the size, we need rain really bad.
I'm glad the horses like water though becuase I have hopes and dreams of taking them to the creek

I knew what you meant
1f602.png

Our pond is drying up this year, it use to be twice the size, we need rain really bad.
I'm glad the horses like water though becuase I have hopes and dreams of taking them to the creek
I guess it'd be kinda creepy if it were actual cat tails in the pond... :oops: We just got our 21 acres in 2010 and it was previous farm land back in the 80's and 90's. Since then, it has been let go and the underbrush is horrible. We're having ash beetles and stuff kill all the trees on the land though :/
We find cow bones and stuff all the time though and barbed wire. My gram and pap moved here first when my mom was a kid. They kept finding bones that they thought belonged to people, then they found a cattle slaughter house behind the house they were building. I found a tooth once... It was kinda neat looking... plus I've found multiple horseshoes. It's like finding a piece of history. I think it'd be pretty neat to explore the slaughter house if it weren't falling apart. There's no roof on it though. It's all made out of block.

The place I'm moving to with my parents (it has two houses, 1 needs a little fixin and 1 needs a lot of fixin) is a little farm that belonged to my grandpa, and before him my great grandma, and my great great grandpa before that, and my grandpa and great grandma NEVER threw anything away or fixed anything up. There's so much stuff out there. Some of its pretty cool, there's some old cars, old farm equipment, I've found an old type writer and two old record players, and some other little stuff. And the barn is pretty awesome, but needs fixed up pretty bad, I'm gonna put stalls and stuff in it, and there's an old block milk barn that's falling apart and an old grainery. Basically the whole place is a mess and everything needs fixed but there's some neat stuff out there.

There's some sort of car buried under the dirst near the slaughter house. It is old and my gram was going to dig it up once and fix it up (she and my pap used to fix old cars up and sell them), but she was afraid she might find someone's body in it or something -you never know. :oops:
I do like some history, but not textbook stuff. I would rather learn about stuff arond me... like what or land used to be befoe it was farm land. Did indians live nearby? Did pilgrims settle here? Was it just a bunch of forested land before it was farmed? That's the sort of stuff I'd like to know :lau There's all kinds of stuff that would be interesting to know.
I'm just marveled really by people who use horses as transportation. I think it'd be really neat, but difficult with today's world. People are too impatient and don't think anything of a horse and buggy (amish), they'll just run them right over. I'm thankful to live somewhere that is somewhat rural :p

I feel the same way about all the history stuff as you do! And I hear ya about the bodies, I've opened old freezers and stuff in the barn and have been worried that I'm gonna open it up to find bones, it's a little creepy sometimes. It's pretty darn rural where I live, there's a lot of Amish people, and the town between where I live now and where I'm moving to (the town my sister goes to school in) has a population of 600

I feel the same way about all the history stuff as you do! And I hear ya about the bodies, I've opened old freezers and stuff in the barn and have been worried that I'm gonna open it up to find bones, it's a little creepy sometimes. It's pretty darn rural where I live, there's a lot of Amish people, and the town between where I live now and where I'm moving to (the town my sister goes to school in) has a population of 600
We live just outside a small town, but it's still kinda rural. We have neighbors nearby, but there's lots of mountains and stuff. The closest Amish families are about 30min. away and don't come up this way. The place I volunteer at and where we drive (hour away) to go to church we always see Amish out.

Well that's a good point. It can be pretty hilly and rocky here though which is a pain, but where I'm moving has a really nice spot for stalls, a round pen, a little arena, and a couple paddocks, I just wish it was more than 5 acres! If it had 20 acres it probably couldn't get more perfect

Well that's a good point. It can be pretty hilly and rocky here though which is a pain, but where I'm moving has a really nice spot for stalls, a round pen, a little arena, and a couple paddocks, I just wish it was more than 5 acres! If it had 20 acres it probably couldn't get more perfect
even 20 acres seems so small once you put it together. I wish I had an arena... we're just now building a round pen though... It would've been nice to grow up on a farm and have everything already built :lau

Back
Top Bottom