How about a Thread for Embdens?

I have been saving some of the larger feathers, kind of like when your child loses their first tooth.
big_smile.png

lol.png
Thats funny, I just remembered I have hair from my son when he got his first big boy hair cut.
smile.png
and he's 45 yrs old now.

Last edited:
I love sharing pictures of my girls. Greta is molting right now and has been quite grumpy about it, Marina is still laying the occasional egg. I write about them quite a bit on my blog, they have to be my most favorite of the animals we have. I was hoping that Greta would grow in white feathers after her molt, but it looks like they are going to stay grey.

I literally have hundreds of pictures of these two and they are only a year old.
lol.png
Your girls are so pretty!

Really what? 1. they look like their waiting for the bus or
2. there is warm breezes and sunshine in Fl.? or
3. Both.
wink.png
All of the above! Poor things, I have a large mixing pan in their pen for them to use for bathing when the temps are above freezing. Everyday then run outside to see if it's set up for them and become very indignant when it isn't. A couple of days and we're supposed to have temps above freezing. I'll set up the kiddie pool and mixing pan and they can do their thing.

All of the above! Poor things, I have a large mixing pan in their pen for them to use for bathing when the temps are above freezing. Everyday then run outside to see if it's set up for them and become very indignant when it isn't. A couple of days and we're supposed to have temps above freezing. I'll set up the kiddie pool and mixing pan and they can do their thing.
Hopefully mine will have some swim time next week, not today though 21 out right now.
roll.png

We have had a few days of frozen pools, thankfully they haven't lasted very long. The ice I pulled out of the duck pool was almost a half inch thick the other day. Marina is disgusted by the whole winter thing.

I wish it was 21f here! Send the warm weather our way. None of my birds are happy about the winter we are having.

I bet they aren't either. Poor Sammy comes outside and immediately lays down on his feet, doesn't seem to bother Missy like it does him. My ducks don't like it when it gets below freezing either. I had to dump the pools till it gets back above freezing, then they can frolic some more. [I like to use ole timey words] bet you haven't heard frolic in a while, either that or I am going stir crazy sitting inside. or the paint fumes have gotten to me.
tongue.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom