I have a weird looking rooster

I know some breeds where the females are laced and the males arent, can throw a hen feathered cockerel every now and then. I know when I got my Dark Cornish, the breeder said that more prolific breeders will get a few hen feathered males.

View attachment 1664839
He is a black tail Japanese mixed mutt, I call him Scruffy. I've read and heard that roosters aren't suppose to have colors like he does. And I've had doubts that he's actually even a real rooster at all. He crows, not as often as his brother and it doesnt sound like a normal crow.
View attachment 1664841
This is his brother. A very normal looking rooster right? Seeing the two of them you can probably see why I have speculations. He looks just like his twin sisters, I want to know of anyone else has had roosters that display hen characteristics like this.
(I've been wanting to make a thread about this for a while and I wasn't sure what forum it should go into. My apologies if it's not the right one)

Looks like my goldy and shes most defiantly a hen. I'd say u may have a hen not a roo. Let me see if I can find a picture of goldy. If not I'll try to get some in the morning.
View attachment 1664839
He is a black tail Japanese mixed mutt, I call him Scruffy. I've read and heard that roosters aren't suppose to have colors like he does. And I've had doubts that he's actually even a real rooster at all. He crows, not as often as his brother and it doesnt sound like a normal crow.
View attachment 1664841
This is his brother. A very normal looking rooster right? Seeing the two of them you can probably see why I have speculations. He looks just like his twin sisters, I want to know of anyone else has had roosters that display hen characteristics like this.
(I've been wanting to make a thread about this for a while and I wasn't sure what forum it should go into. My apologies if it's not the right one)

Attachments

• 20180905_150334.jpg
    20180905_150334.jpg
    621.8 KB · Views: 21
View attachment 1664839
View attachment 1664841
Scruffy looks like a fine hen to me.

Back
Top Bottom