I Miss Old BYC!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Henney Penny:

(1) Click on your username (above your avatar picture). Click on "View Profile" (it will be the first option at the top) -OR- you can use the brown "My Profile" button at the top of the screen. Either way it will get you to your profile page.

(2) You will be taken to a page with your profile on it. Scroll down. You will see something that says "Henney Penny's Recent Activity."

(3) There are four buttons below "Henney Penny's Recent Activity." These show all the different things you've added to the site in four categories: Breeds & Supplies, Forum (your posts), Articles, and Profiles.

(4) Each time you click a button you will either turn that button on or off, like a light switch. You will know the button is turned on because there is a tiny green dot lit up on each button. The default is that each button will be turned "on," so the forum software will search for EVERYTHING you've done recently on BYC.

You only want the button for "Articles" turned on, so click on the button for "Breeds & Supplies" so that the green dot next to that goes away (the button turns "off"). Do the same thing for the buttons for "Forum" and "Profiles." If you've done it right, there will be a green dot next to "Articles," but no green dot next to anything else.

(5) The only thing left in the list below these buttons should be a link to your BYC page.

Let me know if this helps or if there is a part that you don't understand.
hugs.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
LOL wow, that's not at all what I was implying and that had no effect on how I worded my original post. Seriously if people are going to say they hate the new BYC (which I have seen a lot of and strongly feel is completely disrespectful to Rob, Staff and BYC as a whole), then everyone else should be able to reply to it even if they do not agree. Sometimes the truth hurts, especially to those that don't wanna hear it.

Again, my point is if more people that are having issues would just take the time and read the Suggested Reading links, the FAQs, all the numerous tutorials and all the helpful threads instead of just complaining about issues that have already been addressed etc, then maybe there would not be so much complaining.

[COLOR=4B0082]LOL wow, that's not at all what I was implying and that had no effect on how I worded my original post. Seriously if people are going to say they hate the new BYC (which I have seen a lot of and strongly feel is completely disrespectful to Rob, Staff and BYC as a whole), then everyone else should be able to reply to it even if they do not agree. Sometimes the truth hurts, especially to those that don't wanna hear it.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=4B0082]Again, my point is if more people that are having issues would just take the time and read the Suggested Reading links, the FAQs, all the numerous tutorials and all the helpful threads instead of just complaining about issues that have already been addressed etc, then maybe there would not be so much complaining.[/COLOR]

But regardless of all that, the bottom line is that you (and apparently others, although maybe I haven't read enough threads in this forum to see it myself) have called or are calling some people who are complaining "whiners" and referred to the complaints as a "high pitched whine".

Quote: X2 what gale65 said.........
PeepsCA says, "Take time to read [COLOR=4B0082]read the Suggested Reading links, the FAQs, all the numerous tutorials and all the helpful threads......." Oh, that would be so nice for the people who are able to even get on the site! [/COLOR]Once on the site, some can not even get a page to load for a long time. Obviously, PeepsCA [COLOR=4B0082]does not understand, and would rather sit highly and call the unfortunate members, "whiners," "complainers," etc.....[/COLOR]

Here we won't say "suck it up or leave", we'll just tell them to go suck eggs. Then we'll have a long thread about the best ways to suck eggs, about the possible drawbacks and complications, and about which breed produces the best eggs for sucking. Everyone will be really helpful and nice about it, and we'll learn a huge amount about sucking eggs.
yuckyuck.gif
Lets hope it doesn't have to get to that lol
lau.gif

Oh no
barnie.gif
I was really good at the old site, now I'm a rookie again!
tongue.png
Well, I'm sure it needed to be done. I certainly don't envy Nifty and all the mods, I bet it has been crazy for them!

Oh no
barnie.gif
I was really good at the old site, now I'm a rookie again!
tongue.png
Well, I'm sure it needed to be done. I certainly don't envy Nifty and all the mods, I bet it has been crazy for them!

Nifty posted somewhere that he'd had something like 9 hours of sleep in 3 1/2 days. I don't think the rest of us had it that bad, but it has certainly been busy. We're rookies, too. And we have our own set of software to learn, too.

Now we've been able to putter around in this platform maybe a little longer than the full membership has, but I'll tell you what, with all its bugs and glitches and things that are very different, I'll take this one, any day. There are so many things newly available, issues resolved that couldn't be resolved before, handier ways to do things -- on and on. Believe me, if I can learn it, most anyone can.

Not that we have any choice. It was a new platform or no BYC at all, in the near future, when the old one exploded, which was coming soon. We had delays there, too, even sudden shutdowns -- because things kept breaking. It was coming apart at the seams.

The dust will settle soon, and we can get back to our animals and enjoying BYC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom