Incubating eggs to hatch about August 8th

Eggs are in the bator!!! Currently have 25 back yard banty eggs, 17 White silkie, 9 buttercup banties, 16 white face black Spanish banties, 18 Phoenix.

12 more to arrive on Monday.
wee.gif

Darn staggered hatching!!
rant.gif

I have two quails just starting to break thier eggs, but look like having a tiff time. Should I help or will they break out eventually?

I have two quails just starting to break thier eggs, but look like having a tiff time. Should I help or will they break out eventually?

I give my eggs 24 hours after they pip to see zipping progress, if there is no zipping progress after that 24 hours I generally open up the pip just a bit at that point so I can see inside and then wait another 12 hours before I actually help anymore... If they are zipping and then all the sudden quit I generally wait an hour or two and if they don't resume zipping, I zip the rest of the way for them, but let them do the push out...

I give my eggs 24 hours after they pip to see zipping progress, if there is no zipping progress after that 24 hours I generally open up the pip just a bit at that point so I can see inside and then wait another 12 hours before I actually help anymore... If they are zipping and then all the sudden quit I generally wait an hour or two and if they don't resume zipping, I zip the rest of the way for them, but let them do the push out...
X2...it is a process so you need to give them the hatching time before intervening
thumbsup.gif

Eggs are in the bator!!! Currently have 25 back yard banty eggs, 17 White silkie, 9 buttercup banties, 16 white face black Spanish banties, 18 Phoenix.

12 more to arrive on Monday.:weee

Darn staggered hatching!!:rant

Very nice! I must say that I am drooling the most over the buttercups. I really like how they look.

What color bantam are the shipped eggs?

They are blue Bantam Cochin...hens and roo they came from are very pretty/handsome:thumbsup

My broody this year was a white Cochin..... So I really like Cochins...and I find the blue color very pretty (gotta say I like the splash too)

My quails tended to pop out pretty fast..... And the one I waited to help died.....

So I would suggest

1. Reading over the assisted hatch thread (this stupid tablet isn't helpful, so hopefully you can find it)

2. I would take out the eggs, look closely at their progress....it the membrane looks dry or stuck, I might damped it with a drop or two of warm water, make sure the chick can breathe, then put a paper towel soaked in warm water over the egg and pop it back into the incubator.

I am bummed.... I am not going to be able to hatch with the hatch thread that I started :hit

My dad is visiting and is still recovering from cancer from the base of the throat. He is still having trouble eating, but he finds the quail eggs easy to eat, easier than my chicken eggs ......so..... No quail eggs to incubate..... There are some quail eggs in there right now... I can't remember when they are due.

I am happy that I can help my dad... Poor man has been living on a very restricted diet, so it is good he can eat the quail eggs.

I am bummed.... I am not going to be able to hatch with the hatch thread that I started :hit

My dad is visiting and is still recovering from cancer from the base of the throat. He is still having trouble eating, but he finds the quail eggs easy to eat, easier than my chicken eggs ......so..... No quail eggs to incubate..... There are some quail eggs in there right now... I can't remember when they are due.

I am happy that I can help my dad... Poor man has been living on a very restricted diet, so it is good he can eat the quail eggs.

Sorry about the hatching but it is great that you can help your dad. You can stll hang around and keep us company and encourage us with your current hatch.

Back
Top Bottom