Incubators Anonymous

THINKING IT IS A MUST NEED NOW AFTER TALKING TO FRIEND AT AUCTION....HIS BROTHER SHIPPED EGGS TO ILL FROM PA AND ENDED UP GETTING 250.00 FINE FOR SHIPPING OUT OF STATE AND NOT BEING CERTIFIED...........SO IF YOU GONNA SHIP BIRDS OR EGGS YA BETTER CHECK INTO IT,,,,,NOT WORTH A HUGE FINE...HE ALSO SAID THEY TOLD HIS BROTHER IF HE WAS CAUGHT SHIPPING AGAIN WITHOUT PROPER PAPER WORK THEY COULD LEGALLY COME AND CONFISCATE ALL OF HIS BIRDS............#POW

THINKING IT IS A MUST NEED NOW AFTER TALKING TO FRIEND AT AUCTION....HIS BROTHER SHIPPED EGGS TO ILL FROM PA AND ENDED UP GETTING 250.00 FINE FOR SHIPPING OUT OF STATE AND NOT BEING CERTIFIED...........SO IF YOU GONNA SHIP BIRDS OR EGGS YA BETTER CHECK INTO IT,,,,,NOT WORTH A HUGE FINE...HE ALSO SAID THEY TOLD HIS BROTHER IF HE WAS CAUGHT SHIPPING AGAIN WITHOUT PROPER PAPER WORK THEY COULD LEGALLY COME AND CONFISCATE ALL OF HIS BIRDS............#POW
Wow, they mean business. I'm lucky. I'm in La and it's free. I only have 5 grown birds and 3 three mo olds. I'll call soon.
th.gif

Quote:
I vaccinate every single one. I do it for my own flock. If I sell any, I don't pass the cost along since it was my decision to make the investment. I vaccinate against Marek's. I read someone post that pox vaccine makes all vaccinated birds carriers and that a vaccinated chick could give pox to unvaccinated ones. I didn't really believe this, and didn't say anything, but are there any opinions about this? How could this possibly be true? Sounds far fetched to me??? There is another vaccine administered to their mucus membrane..their eye, I think, that makes birds a carrier, but I forget the name at the moment.

I have 23 living out of 29 silkie eggs in the bator, this is my third attempt and the best one so far, previous have been disasters, and thanks to some recommendations here I think Im doing better this time but dont want to spoil it at the end, tomorrow will be day 18 and I know this is a critical moment and turner has to be turned off and HR increased, as my bator has an auto turner which has to be removed (I guess) my major concerns are:

how to place the eggs so when hatching comes newborns dont mess with late hatchers?, the bator only has a flat plastic rack to put the eggs on, and previous experience is that chicks start rolling and crashing unhatched eggs.

I have also noticed before that when I placed the eggs and the thermometer on this rack on day 18 temperature goes down for about 1ºC though my built in thermometer says 37.7 ( obviously this sensor stays in the same place), I assume its because they are little farther from the heat element, think this shouldn t happen as it has fan, anyway, should I compensate by increasing for this last 3 days?

What humidity would be too low and too high during hatching?

Thanks in advance

I have 23 living out of 29 silkie eggs in the bator, this is my third attempt and the best one so far, previous have been disasters, and thanks to some recommendations here I think Im doing better this time but dont want to spoil it at the end, tomorrow will be day 18 and I know this is a critical moment and turner has to be turned off and HR increased, as my bator has an auto turner which has to be removed (I guess) my major concerns are:

how to place the eggs so when hatching comes newborns dont mess with late hatchers?, the bator only has a flat plastic rack to put the eggs on, and previous experience is that chicks start rolling and crashing unhatched eggs.

I have also noticed before that when I placed the eggs and the thermometer on this rack on day 18 temperature goes down for about 1ºC though my built in thermometer says 37.7 ( obviously this sensor stays in the same place), I assume its because they are little farther from the heat element, think this shouldn t happen as it has fan, anyway, should I compensate by increasing for this last 3 days?

What humidity would be too low and too high during hatching?

Thanks in advance
x2
pop.gif

Do the hatcheries send paper work when they ship eggs? And what do they consider proper paperwork?

The hatcheries have a special deal in that they need only include their NPIP license number on the package being shipped. Most states consider a copy of the NPIP license as acceptable paperwork from a person not considered a hatchery.

Most states (not all) also consider a current veterinary certificate of health of the flock as an acceptable substitute for NPIP certification for importing hatching eggs from another state. Some states require this veterinary certificate of health in addition to NPIP certification.

Some states even require the person receiving the eggs or chicks to get a permit from their state prior to receiving the shipment if the shipment is coming from someone other than a hatchery.

When you get into game birds such as pheasants and quail, the requirements become different because it usually involves the state game & fish department.

YES STATE GAME AND WILDLIFE IS ALSO INVOLVED IN QUAIL AND ALL EVEN IF IT IS COTURNIX AND BUTTONS...I AM IN PROCESS OF DOING THAT PAPER WORK AS WELL
WITH QUAIL AND THOSE THERE IS ALSO CERTAIN MONTHS OF THE YEAR YOU ARE LEGALLY SUPPOSED TO SHIP THEM AS WELL

AND IF YOU LIVE IN AN AREA WHERE COCK FIGHTING IS RAMPED.....YOU BETTER UNDERSTAND "BIG BROTHER" IS GOING TO BY WATCHING YOU AS WELL

Back
Top Bottom