ingredients of Layena?

Quote:
What are "Leggies" and "Orpies", are you referring to Leghorns and Orpingtons?

Chris

It's on the label,

3891_layena.jpg

I use Beaver Brand (Pacific Northwest) and that label has all of the individual ingredients on it. But, the first ingredient is wheat. Not a problem for the hens, but terrible for my dog who is allergic to wheat and barley, green beans, peanuts, sweet potatoes, and soy bean. So I went looking for the ingredients of Layena and couldn't find them anywhere. SeminoleWind's post was helpful. "Processed Grain Byproducts" and "Grain Products" doesn't tell me much. Since they are not really helpful with their "ingredients" list, I'll stick with Beaver for now and just be more vigilant with my dog's snacking habits. I suspect you all know what I mean by "snacking." Ick.
sickbyc.gif

It's on the label,

3891_layena.jpg
Thank you for posting this - I was about to post the same pic. I was researching today over a decade later (!!!) and found this post. The ingredients are not listed anywhere on the Internet, nor on the Purina product page. Then, reading the label, the ingredients are vaguely stated. I do feed this to my chickens and they are all very happy and healthy.

They call it "least-cost formulation". They have a computer program that creates the recipe based on price and availablity of all the potential ingredients. The ingredient list changes as the prices of the commodities change. As long as they hit the targeted protein, fat, fiber, etc. as stated on the label then they have done their job.

They call it "least-cost formulation". They have a computer program that creates the recipe based on price and availablity of all the potential ingredients. The ingredient list changes as the prices of the commodities change. As long as they hit the targeted protein, fat, fiber, etc. as stated on the label then they have done their job.
That explains the vagueness in detailing ingredients and essentially, cost being the bottom line, not quality. I'm on the hunt now for a better feed. I'm disappointed in Purina, having used this brand for my cats and dogs which great success for decades... I presumed the level of quality extended to its bird feed...

Back
Top Bottom