International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

Well I'll join the crazy cockerel club. My 7 week old green egg layer from the straight run has the hots for the 8 wk old faverolles. I don't think he understands they need to be able to lay an egg for procreation.
I wish he would have come and had a talk with my tom turkey. He never could figure it out. I eventually sold him and the two hens. The hens where like come here big boy but he just ignored them. Instead he just fallowed me around drooling. Lol
Sorry buddy your not my type! :lau

B9632DFF-BCD7-4260-A330-3F813CC393BF.jpeg
In memory of Lucille @kfelton0002 and my little crower. He wouldn’t stop once I got him going. Lol

Well I tried to load his video but could not get it done.

He is looking very good! I don't mind the comb so much...breed him to a hen with a very nice comb and that should be corrected for his sons. His copper is a very nice shade, which I like. I've seen a lot lately that seem to be tending toward straw colored...way too light. I like the width of his tail, also. Pinched tails are an issue for mine that I'm trying to clear up.

He should be able to give you even better looking sons. :D

Thank you! It will be a while before I pen breeders up so I will watch him and mate him to well matched hen for the spring.

Back
Top Bottom