International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

Ran across some cute pics on my phone. I dont think there are any cuter chicks than Marans chicks!

Splash Copper

Black Copper

Those cute little fuzzy legs! Makes me look forward to getting the Sportsman fired back up. :)

Last edited:
LL

I m interested in this pullet . great type if not one of the best I have seen .
good mass for her age
great long flat back
great tail angle will be nice one
nice deep chest
good head and neck
nice red/brown colored hackle .
nice Wheat colored back no lacing or minimum ( great )
nice colored shanks.

my problem with her is;
grayish under fluff ( should be cream /white ).

I thought first she carries a Salmon e+ gene but a problem is =she haven t got a stapling or lacing like the salmon hen .

she will go very well with a wheaten cockerel because he have too much of the White fluff . they will balance each other .

chooks man

Thank You chooks man I'm was hoping to be able to breed her with my wheaten roo. I'm working on trying to get some Blue Copper marans as well as the one I have now and more of them.

@Chooks man

I deleted Antonio's picture on Marans Aspiran before I saw you had made comments. What did you say about my cockerel? Nothing bad I hope! LOL

@Chooks man

I deleted Antonio's picture on Marans Aspiran before I saw you had made comments. What did you say about my cockerel? Nothing bad I hope! LOL

@Chooks man

I said you had a better photos of him . .

chooks man

More pics, I couldn't get any of Antonio the other night. Phone went dead tonight but..... I managed to get a few.

yeah Antonio a true handsome Black copper marans .

his comb and wattles end up larger too .

I think is some thing to do with a weathers . Florida never get cold .

the comb and wattle are the cooling system of the chooks like a car radiator I guess .

chooks man

Back
Top Bottom