Is my little Pea going to be ok? Please HELP

As sick as that bird looks Ivomec could kill it. But like I said I have never had a problems with worms. deerman & D&M Farms has been at this for a lot longer so do what they tell you.

Steve

Ya know if she does have something in her throat you may be able to give her some big peices of lettuce and sence they swallow things whole it just may push it out of the way.

Just a thought ,can't hurt to try it, my peas love greens from our garden

Well I do not know if it is the Tylan powder or the 1 ml of safe guard but the gasping is going away. She does not do it as often as before I bought her in the house. Was I suppose to stop the Tylan in the water while giving the wormer? Still eats like a pig LOL

I do not think she has something in her throat because she eats her fair share of canned mixed veggies and trhe pieces are not small. The veggies are no salt added ones.

Quote:
Ok I got a big 1 liter bottle of Ivermectin Pour on Pic of the label is below. I give 1/2 ml (cc) on the base of the neck under the feathers?
idunno.gif
If so for how many days?
hu.gif

Thanks guys!!

100_1672.jpg

Last edited:
So I am guessing that when I worm with the Ivermectin that I have, I will probably need to use less? I have the 1%, and for cats I give something like .01 cc/lb. So probably somewhere between .05 and .1 cc?

I had a peahen that i thought had a respiratory problem. It never went away...... then one day i grabed her at night as i was worming and caught a glimpse of something in her mouth. At the very back of her tongue was a shiny black thread - it ended up being a 4 inch X 2 inch piece of bird netting wrapped around her tongue and hanging down her throat........

Also Tylan powder I never had luck with... I always use the injectable type.

You can order liquid Baytril for parrots online w/o an RX - allbirdproducts.com has it. 25ml for $25 but when using Baytril, make sure you know what you are treating as it is a strong med and should only be used after everything else hasn't worked so resistance to it is less likely.

Best Wishes

Right now it is day 3 since I added the Ivermectin on her back. She has no issues right now except the gasping. She no longer makes the any grunting or sneezing noises and no longer has a runny nose, just the air gasping. I took a flashlight and looked down her throat and no redness, nothing blocking or hanging in it but still gasping for air. Now I did state in the very first post that the much larger white pea landed right on top of her really hard, almost like the little one broke her fall. Could she have done something to this little pea? Other then the gasping she is perfectly fine. She eats and drinks like normal. Plays with her feathers, flies up to perch and rolls in the shavings like it is sand. The only thing different is the gasping - oh she doesn't gasp when sleeping ??? her head is resting on her back and she can't open her mouth I think LOL.
Frank

Sorry, I wish I could offer you more help, but like I said before I have never had this problem with any of my birds so I'm at a stand still. So I guess the experts need to chime back in to help.

Back
Top Bottom