Isbar thread

I found this interesting...

My first time having Isbar chicks. They are 3 weeks old yesterday. I think #1 and #3 may be roos. What do you think?
(had to send from my laptop, not my phone, to get the photo to load)

My gut feeling is the same as yours: that #1 and #3 are likely cockerels. If your babies are anything like mine, you'll know soon. I shared a picture of my black cockerel in post #1749. This is how he looked at 3 weeks, 2 days:

I am also new to Silverudd's Blues (aka Isbars), and I am curious as to whether or not they tend to develop early. Perhaps someone experienced can answer?

Last edited:
My gut feeling is the same as yours: that #1 and #3 are likely cockerels. If your babies are anything like mine, you'll know soon. I shared a picture of my black cockerel in post #1749. This is how he looked at 3 weeks, 2 days:

I am also new to Silverudd's Blues (aka Isbars), and I am curious as to whether or not they tend to develop early. Perhaps someone experienced can answer?

Hi Tbird I also am new to the Silverudd Blues. I have a few currently that are 3 weeks. I have noticed that the Roos do seem to mature earlier than say my Serdish Flower Hens.
I see that you are in Ohio I am also. I am in Troy and you?
I currently breeding 1st imports as they are the only ones I am interested in.

Back
Top Bottom