Isbar thread

I bought 4 straight run chicks...turns out 1 pullet and 3 cockerels. I suspected as much when the first 2 cockerels became apparent so I went back to the breeder and bought 4 more straight run chicks. This second set of chicks is 4 weeks younger than the first set. As soon as the younger ones have all their feathers I'm hoping to merge them with the pullet from the first set. Then let them grow out together before introducing them into the flock.

I bought 4 straight run chicks...turns out 1 pullet and 3 cockerels. I suspected as much when the first 2 cockerels became apparent so I went back to the breeder and bought 4 more straight run chicks. This second set of chicks is 4 weeks younger than the first set. As soon as the younger ones have all their feathers I'm hoping to merge them with the pullet from the first set. Then let them grow out together before introducing them into the flock.
Good luck -- I have mixed pullet that was older with a younger group too -- and it worked just fine while they are young I think they are more flexable.....

Looks like I have a trio of Isbars. I'm actually happy one of the three is a boy (at least I will be if I can pull off picking up a bit of land in the next couple of months....) He seems to be a very good watch-cockerel.

(ignore the two Ameraucanas in the back...)

Back
Top Bottom