JANUARY 2015 Hatch-A-Long

It looks like NONE of my 8 Dec 18th Silkie/X eggs have anything going on.
sad.png
Today is day 7, and all I'm seeing is some...shadows... no veins or dark spots. The eggs took almost a week to get to me, and then the incubator was accidentally turned off on the first night, but I would still think I would have at least ONE! I'm so disappointed! Oh, well, I still have the 11 I set yesterday for the HAL.
smile.png

It looks like NONE of my 8 Dec 18th Silkie/X eggs have anything going on.
sad.png
Today is day 7, and all I'm seeing is some...shadows... no veins or dark spots. The eggs took almost a week to get to me, and then the incubator was accidentally turned off on the first night, but I would still think I would have at least ONE! I'm so disappointed! Oh, well, I still have the 11 I set yesterday for the HAL.
smile.png
i'm so sorry Black, never good when you dont get any babies. i hope you get lots of fertile eggs for the HAL out of the second batch.

Today is day 10 i candled again and took weights.We have 3 confirmed not fertile, and 1 maybe the rest are all doing great. The last maybe i dont see any veins on but it definately has a mass in it of some fashion. The remaining 8 have very nice veins but saddle/wobbly aircells which they seem to be growing fine with. So still have 9 of 12 muscovy eggs, chicken eggs i could not candle because it was not dark enough before i had to head out for holiday travel. i will assume they are still the same as my previous count until i candle again on day 14, last count was i believe 3 clear of 11 for chicken eggs. i will be candling the frizzle eggs on sunday. for their day 6 or 7.

Ok here we go again
12 silkie
6 blue eggs fron our araucanaxrir hen & roo
7 brown eggs, we r not sure who lays what out of our other gals, but they are faithful still every day

I candled my eggs today, after 3 days
hide.gif

I swear I just wanted to check on the air cells of my shipped eggs
big_smile.png
They are mostly reattached, just a few wobbly ones, so I think that's a very good thing! I couldn't see any veins in them yet, but I candled during the day in a semi dark spot and they're much darker than what I'm used to looking at. All 5 of my Silkie/Sizzle/whatever eggs are already showing development
celebrate.gif
Not that I don't have enough Silkies, lol.

I also ordered some Ameraucanas, cuckoo Marans, Ancona and partridge Chentecler chicks today, super excited to get them already. I guess its a good thing my husband is an understanding guy and that he likes my chickens!

I candled my eggs today, after 3 days
hide.gif

I swear I just wanted to check on the air cells of my shipped eggs
big_smile.png
They are mostly reattached, just a few wobbly ones, so I think that's a very good thing! I couldn't see any veins in them yet, but I candled during the day in a semi dark spot and they're much darker than what I'm used to looking at. All 5 of my Silkie/Sizzle/whatever eggs are already showing development
celebrate.gif
Not that I don't have enough Silkies, lol.

I also ordered some Ameraucanas, cuckoo Marans, Ancona and partridge Chentecler chicks today, super excited to get them already. I guess its a good thing my husband is an understanding guy and that he likes my chickens!
old.gif
naughty, naughty! (but I do that too, lol!) Mine are also at 3 days.(Wow, only 3? It seems like they've been in there forever!) Half of my 10 shipped eggs have wibbly-wobbly air cells.
fl.gif

@howfunkyisurchicken

I've never looked at 3 days
263a.png
but I have learned a very dark area is essential. at 7 days we usually look for the dancing black dot, and yes sometimes it take a few mins to find it.
I am getting a brighter light, since we have so many windows in every room finding more dark in just not an option...lol
Good luck, We'll be candling on Jan 3,
Good thing I Got some blue eggs too ya I think that gal has gone on strike. But we still get 4 brown eggs a day which means all out other gals are laying now.

I got an egg cooking form for Christmas so our breakfaskt will look funky on our plate now. check this out

)

Back
Top Bottom