JANUARY 2015 Hatch-A-Long

We took a day 10 peek, 5 sikie eggs gave up or were clear. The other 7, 2 are questionable, 5 were dancing.
Removed 2 brown eggs that gave up early, and 1 blue egg
So weve got 18 left in.
Thank goodness only 11 days left
That stinks, but at least you've got 5 Silkies left. I hope they hatch for you
fl.gif

My Brinsea Spot Check came in the mail yesterday. I didn't see it sitting on the counter until this morning. So, I unboxed it, stuck it under my tongue to check accuracy (it read 98.6, sweet), cleaned the probe and stuck it through one of the vent holes and made sure the probe was at the top of the eggs but not touching. Apparently I've been incubating my eggs at 98F this whole time
roll.png
I even calibrated my thermometers before I started, though I admit that I did drop one just before putting them in. So, I now have 7 days to try to get the eggs back on track
th.gif

I Would like to join your hatch along...I think I am becoming a hatching addict too! Lol

I just set some silkies and orpington eggs I drove from Florida to NY. I also decided to invest in a nice cabinet incubator since I think Central New York weather kills chickens in the styrofoam incubators. Can't wait for the new incubator to switch them too!

Hope all your hatches are going well!

I Would like to join your hatch along...I think I am becoming a hatching addict too! Lol

I just set some silkies and orpington eggs I drove from Florida to NY. I also decided to invest in a nice cabinet incubator since I think Central New York weather kills chickens in the styrofoam incubators. Can't wait for the new incubator to switch them too!

Hope all your hatches are going well!
good luck on this hatch. How many eggs are you setting this time?

LOL! I could actually have three hatches in this January Hatch-along. There's the 2 from the NYD hatch and on the 18th will be the TJ's eggs. Then there's the BLRW replacement eggs the seller is sending me due to the fact that the ones sent previously hatched out feathered legs (from a past rendez-vous with a Lt. Brahma roo)

I have 65...but,some of them are soiled (30). I set 35 of them so far. They were laid thurs/fri last week...so, I still have some time to decide. I didn't want them to mess up anything... So, I was hoping the new incubator would arrive soon and I can move the good eggs there and the soiled ones to the hovabator. I am so sick of bad hatch rates....

Ugh @howfunkyisurchicken
I hope they are ok, I had some issue for the last 2 rainy days we had with the temp rising. It seems to be stabilized now that the humidity is lower. But we think all is well so far.
The clear eggs were the longer whiter ones just for your info
Let me know how your babies are doing when you candle. (all the ones with off shaped air cells developed so you know too)

We can't wait to see what hatches, all hatches have proved different colorations. We love the white ones from this last blue egg hatch, 6/9 white-ish birds

Today is lockdown for my second Jan hatch! Candled last night and it looks like all seven will go to the hatcher. :)

It was also day 10 for round three hatch.. I had set 18 and pulled 8 clears. Not sure what was going on there. Either way, I'm glad to have any in the dead of winter!

Today is lockdown for my second Jan hatch! Candled last night and it looks like all seven will go to the hatcher. :)

It was also day 10 for round three hatch.. I had set 18 and pulled 8 clears. Not sure what was going on there. Either way, I'm glad to have any in the dead of winter!

Good luck with those! What kind of a hatcher are you using?

Ok so i ended up with only one 1 chick out of 11 eggs(6 made it to lockdown but one was dead before lockdown and i couldnt see enough to tell) So i lost 4 two wet and two shrinkwrapped.

Thursday the 4 frizzle eggs go into lockdown

1/15 the 7 muscovy eggs go into lockdown along with 1 frizzle egg

i set 6 more frizzle eggs on 1/5 so should be in lockdown on 1/23

and i set 18 khaki campbell eggs last night(1/6) so lockdown for them is 1/31

So 4 hatches in January and one that is just going to miss January by about 3 days or so lol.

Cute! What is that white and black one, looks like it's wearing a vest?
Sorry for the late response! They are all serama. I am thinking the white and black vesty looking one might be a mottled black and white, but there's really no telling with these little guys. All that I can see so far of his incoming flight feathers are white, but the shafts haven't opened even halfway up yet. It will be interesting to see how these lil butts change

One of the babies turned out to be a bit of a candy corn face! They are named Jack. I will be sad when their egg tooth drops.

Back
Top Bottom