January 2017 Hatch-a-long

Hi, folks. I decided that I need some chickens in my life, so I decided to buy a hovabator and try my hand at hatching eggs. Bought some off of EBay, not realizing how badly that can go. Well, I guess beginners luck kicked in. Out of twenty one fertile eggs, I have sixteen beautiful chicks. They hatched out Friday.

I've been following this thread, and all of you have been really inspirational. Even though I've just been lurking, I wanted to thank you all.

Congratulations on your excellent hatch!

Hi, folks. I decided that I need some chickens in my life, so I decided to buy a hovabator and try my hand at hatching eggs. Bought some off of EBay, not realizing how badly that can go. Well, I guess beginners luck kicked in. Out of twenty one fertile eggs, I have sixteen beautiful chicks. They hatched out Friday.

I've been following this thread, and all of you have been really inspirational. Even though I've just been lurking, I wanted to thank you all.

Welcome!!!
1f601.png
So glad you had a good hatch!!
1f423.png
1f423.png
What model hovabator?

Thanks. I'm super happy. It appears that incubating eggs is addictive. Can't wait to set more eggs even though I know I shouldn't. :)

The hovabator is a 1602N that I added a fan to.

Thanks. I'm super happy. It appears that incubating eggs is addictive. Can't wait to set more eggs even though I know I shouldn't. :)

The hovabator is a 1602N that I added a fan to.

I use a 1588 and I love it - I see the 1602N for sale every now and then and wonder if i should pick one up as a second..m.yes, addictive is a good word!
1f606.png

Ok, I had stopped hatching for several months - didn't have any babies - none. Everybody is actually laying eggs....

But then I hatched some silkies over Thanksgiving, then bid on an auction and hatched those over New Years. Those chicks are all outside! My bathroom was CLEAN!!!

Well, I had thrown in some of my own mix of eggs in after I cleaned the New Years bator.... I didn't remember when I actually set them, so turns out I locked them down a week early. I didn't think anything was hatching, but 3 hatched Monday. They are in my bathroom.....
hit.gif

Last week, I bid on some eggs in the 24 hour auction - got them, they are on day 4. I bid on MORE eggs in the 24 hour auction (they arrived today), and I bid on some Sizzle/Silkie eggs on ebay.....they should be here Saturday.

I have a problem....I must stay away from auctions!!!!!

I guess I should check to see if we have a February Hatch a Long.

Ok, I had stopped hatching for several months - didn't have any babies - none. Everybody is actually laying eggs....

But then I hatched some silkies over Thanksgiving, then bid on an auction and hatched those over New Years. Those chicks are all outside! My bathroom was CLEAN!!!

Well, I had thrown in some of my own mix of eggs in after I cleaned the New Years bator.... I didn't remember when I actually set them, so turns out I locked them down a week early. I didn't think anything was hatching, but 3 hatched Monday. They are in my bathroom.....
hit.gif

Last week, I bid on some eggs in the 24 hour auction - got them, they are on day 4. I bid on MORE eggs in the 24 hour auction (they arrived today), and I bid on some Sizzle/Silkie eggs on ebay.....they should be here Saturday.

I have a problem....I must stay away from auctions!!!!!

I guess I should check to see if we have a February Hatch a Long.

Too much! I think we need to stage an intervention! lol
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom