January to February 2024 Duckling Hatch-Along!

Pics
It’s update time! (2) :jumpy

@TwoCrows Egg 12 was internally pipped for 30 hours with no external pip, so I gave them a safety hole just in case. I heard them chirping and saw lots of rocking a few hours later. After 36 more hours, they hadn’t made any progress, and I could hear them chirping in distress, so I decided to do a partial assist and see what the problem was. I chipped away some shell, found their bill, and they had NO egg tooth! :eek: I ended up having to do a full assist for them, and after a few hours, they were completely out. I’ve decided to name them Peach Cobbler! Here’s some pictures of them

Poor baby was so tired. This was a few minutes after I got their head out.
View attachment 3731895

A couple hours later
View attachment 3731899

And a few more hours after that
View attachment 3731900

Peach and Laffy height check :lol: These ducklings grow too fast
View attachment 3731902

These two fell in love with each other pretty quick :love
View attachment 3731903
View attachment 3731904
View attachment 3731905

Oh, and here’s my drawing of them
View attachment 3731907

As for the rest of the eggs,

@QueenofKings Turmeric, @NagemTX Howard / Howie, @fluffycrow Egg 19, @ElfenLied89 and @Nero70002 Michael Quackson, and @Debbie292d Egg 21 are all pretty much the same right now - super dark, hard to see anything, good air cells. Hopefully all 5 eggs will be going into lockdown later this week :)

@ElfenLied89 and @Antiocheggers Quack Sparrow is still extremely active, I love to see it. They will be a strong duckling :D

@2ndTink Quacker Jack, @Sally PB Lincoln, @Luv Ducks Tinker Bell, @tlcmurphy Egg 31, and @GreenJay Lucky Duck all have good veining going on now. They’re making great progress :clap

11 more eggs to go! May they all hatch! The next update will be on Friday, the 26th :jumpy
Aww.....thank you for the update, great job on the assisting! What a cutie pie, welcome to the world Peach Cobbler!!!! :love

Back
Top Bottom