January to February 2024 Duckling Hatch-Along!

Pics
It’s update time! (3) :celebrate

@QueenofKings Turmeric, @NagemTX Howard, @fluffycrow Egg 19, @ElfenLied89 and @Nero70002 Michael Quackson, and @Debbie292d Egg 21 have all internally pipped and gone into lockdown! I’ve never had more than 2 ducklings hatch at the same time, so I’m a little nervous for this chaos :thBut more excited than anything! :D

@ElfenLied89 and @Antiocheggers Quack Sparrow is soo dark, I can barely see anything anymore! But I did see a couple sneaky veins, so I know they’re doing great ;)

@2ndTink Quacker Jack, @Sally PB Lincoln, @Luv Ducks Tinker Bell, @tlcmurphy Egg 31, and @GreenJay Lucky Duck are all growing like crazy! Everyone has super strong veins and were dancing around in their egg when I candled:wee

Also, an update on Laffy and @TwoCrows Peach, if you’d like
View attachment 3734092
Also this video of them playing in a rain puddle :)

We’ve still got 11 eggs to go! I’m so pleased with everyone’s progress! The next update will be on Tuesday, the 30th :jumpyMay it contain a cuteness overload :love
Wooooo!! Also. I now need ducks. ❤️ Just gonna buy some real quick 🤣

I need ducks and my son wants button quail. That's it. I need my own land. Gonna start a farm now.

I would've used the expression involving two birds and a stone...but this is probably not the beat setting for that. So anyways, do both at the same time and get call ducks, or black East Indies

Do quail and chickens and ducks all coexist well?
I can’t speak for quails other than they’re very, very small, and if you have a rooster / drake, I’d worry that mating attempts could give you squashed quails :hmm Or the chickens / ducks may just be straight-up bullies to them.

Ducks can coexist with chickens IF the ducks are female. Never house male ducks with chickens.

We all NEED Duckies!

OtQ20m.gif

Back
Top Bottom