January to February 2024 Duckling Hatch-Along!

Pics
Accept muscogees they fly! We watch her when she comes in for a landing!
My Mule Duck weights over 10 pounds but can still fly at least 6 feet in the air, enough to get over my 6' fence. I thought she was too fat but she proved me wrong. My one Mallard from Metzer Farms is bigger than my smaller one. The smaller one is a great flyer but stays around to be with her friends for now. I still will clip her if she decides to fly out like she did a couple of years ago and went pretty far away. Luckily a neighbor spotted her and brought her back to me. Call Ducks, Mallards and Muscovy can all fly very well. I know this from experience with them. I have sold lots of Mallard ducklings only to have the new owners tell me that after sometimes a few years even, they flew away. My own Muscovy used to fly a long distance and I would have to hunt them down. Calls can easily fly away if they want to.

Last edited:
Some pictures of the Little 5!

I’ve tried my hardest to label who’s who from left to right, but understandably, the yellow babies look very similar 🤣

IMG_2852.jpeg

A blurry photo of the Little 5 - they don’t sit still for long! Coffee, Lemon, Peppermint, Coconut, Strawberry
IMG_2859.jpeg

The Big 5’s first meeting with the Little 5 through a gate. Coconut, Peppermint, Strawberry

IMG_2873.jpeg

Coconut on the left. On the right, top to bottom is Strawberry, Peppermint, Lemon, Coffee

IMG_2882.jpeg

Lemon, Strawberry, Peppermint, Coconut
IMG_2883.jpeg

Lemon, Strawberry
IMG_2892.jpeg

Strawberry, Coffee

Also, an abundance of Laffy photos, because she’s my favorite - in case you couldn’t tell 😅

IMG_2918.jpeg

Laffy being footballed
IMG_2929.jpeg

Laffy smiling for the camera

IMG_2931.jpeg

Laffy front-view with mad scientist hair

IMG_2935.jpeg

Laffy finally able to tuck her bill under her wing!

IMG_2955.jpeg

Laffy being footballed again

I’ve tried my hardest to label who’s who from left to right, but understandably, the yellow babies look very similar 🤣

View attachment 3757307
A blurry photo of the Little 5 - they don’t sit still for long! Coffee, Lemon, Peppermint, Coconut, Strawberry
View attachment 3757306
The Big 5’s first meeting with the Little 5 through a gate. Coconut, Peppermint, Strawberry

View attachment 3757310
Coconut on the left. On the right, top to bottom is Strawberry, Peppermint, Lemon, Coffee

View attachment 3757312
View attachment 3757313
Lemon, Strawberry
View attachment 3757314
Strawberry, Coffee

Also, an abundance of Laffy photos, because she’s my favorite - in case you couldn’t tell 😅

View attachment 3757315
Laffy being footballed
View attachment 3757316

View attachment 3757335

View attachment 3757338

View attachment 3757339
Absolutely adorable, love the fuzzy top knot Laffy is sporting! :love

View attachment 3757307
View attachment 3757306

View attachment 3757310

View attachment 3757312
View attachment 3757313
Lemon, Strawberry
View attachment 3757314
Strawberry, Coffee

View attachment 3757315
Laffy being footballed
View attachment 3757316

View attachment 3757335

View attachment 3757338

View attachment 3757339
Do you know Laffy is a girl? I know zip about ducks but hear you can tell by the voice?

Back
Top Bottom