Jersey Giants thread for pictures and discussion

Don't discount that they may be pure Giants; my line is VERY nice, but I have seen some with a bit of brown tones in them. Again - type is VERY VERY good in this line, and I'll be single mating to see if I can trace these very, very slight brown tones down to a single hen. It's called "leakage" and is common in blacks and blues, but I'm told by my genetics contacts that it CAN be eliminated.
Interesting. I will try to get some good photos soon (not today we are literally having 60+ mph winds, again).
Then ya'll can give me your opinion on keep her in the layer flock, maybe also for some Lg OE daughters w/ the Ame. Roo she is w atm. OR promote into JG pen when I get more.

Which btw, so wish I'd known , you must have driven w/in 50 +/- miles of me, some non-shipped out of state JG eggs would have been a great way to get started w/ the dreamed of JG pen. Oh well, I have lots going on atm so I can keep it at the daydream level for awhile longer...

ok these are not the best pictures but we bought day old jersey giant chicks last fall , they are now almost 6 monts old from TAYLOR HOBBY FARMS the ear lobes are big and white can anyone tell me how the quality is on them ??? thanks john w ...

ok these are not the best pictures but we bought day old jersey giant chicks last fall , they are now almost 6 monts old from TAYLOR HOBBY FARMS the ear lobes are big and white can anyone tell me how the quality is on them ??? thanks john w ...
are these hatchery stock? yes should be red -no white ear lobes. They will lay you an egg.

want brahmas - they don't look white to me - to me, they simply appear as if they're lacking the skin pigment that they have as adults, but it's REALLY hard to tell from the pics. If you can get some close up pics of the heads of them standing still, so not blurry, we'll be able to provide better feedback for you.

4-h - I like that male! BTW...I have a man looking for a cock bird....he's in southern Michigan. If you have anything, PM me.

here are some photos of a Nov hatch from Wynette....love these
I ended up with 1-splash 1-blue 2-black Pullets and 1 black cockerel....good odds!!!

look at the size difference from a Brahma and JG these were hatched same hatch date! ONLY 3 MONTHS OLD!

i want some of wynettes jerseys!! they are gorgious, by the time theyare grown my son will be old enough to actually show them n not just play with them. he loved the ones we had but a fox got our 2 whites and the blue had issues since hed hatched and the finally caught up with him a couple weeks ago and we had to put him down.
sad.png

Wynette,
I have not weighed them. Just getting them to eat from my hand. Maybe when they get used to me more. I don't want them thinking like I'm a predator. I'll keep you posted.

no wynette they are white just like minorca is ??? it dint show in the picture it was taken with a phone and not a good one either lol i dont think they are pure and were suposed to be from show stock birds never seen any jerseys look like this in any pictures ??? dont know what they would be crossed with not one has a speck of yellow on there feet either was not looking for egg chickens was looking for show stock ??? thanks john w

Back
Top Bottom