Jersey Giants thread for pictures and discussion

I am trying desperately to find a fool-proof way to tell my BA from my JG 9 weekers. I have a lady coming this weekend to buy 6 pullets and 1 roo of the BA's...the little bands we used for the JGs when my son brought them home didn't work, they fell off (or were pecked off) within days of putting them on. I would think since JGs tend to mature slower, that my BA would be more feathered, more filled-out looking? I really don't want to get rid of my JGs by accident but I really can't find a good difference to spot :/
The bottoms of their feet should be yellow for the Giants. If they are not, you don't want them anyway, as that's a disqualification.
wink.png

I am trying desperately to find a fool-proof way to tell my BA from my JG 9 weekers. I have a lady coming this weekend to buy 6 pullets and 1 roo of the BA's...the little bands we used for the JGs when my son brought them home didn't work, they fell off (or were pecked off) within days of putting them on. I would think since JGs tend to mature slower, that my BA would be more feathered, more filled-out looking? I really don't want to get rid of my JGs by accident but I really can't find a good difference to spot :/

try ZIP TIES you can get different colors and sizes just remember to loosen or cut off when chicken begins to out grow them

I am going to have a few Black Jersey Giant hatching eggs for sale over the next few weeks. $30 dozen + shipping. Eggs are from a trio and pair. Marked seperatly. These are from show birds that won Best Display @ the Giant Nat last Oct. Pm me. Orders filled in order of messg sent and pd. No paypal here.

some photos of my new coop that I plan to fill with JG!!! They hope to be done with it by next week. Just ordered the siding and tin roof today!
this is a 10' x 40' building with 4 separate coops with their own runs!

GUESS WHAT?......TIME TO FILL THAT BATOR WITH JG!!!!

its 11' tall in the front and slopes to a 9' back

i will have 4 windows in the building for ventilation

i will take photos as they get more done on it

inside pens will be
(2) 5'x14'

on each end

open middle for grow out pens

with a 10'x12' middle for show pens and cages

also cages in the coop for show birds

WOW! Great coop design!!!!

Thanks for the tip on the zip-ties...the local store closest to me was out of them today so I've used the tiny colored rubber hair bands for the time being. They're tolerating them and no one is pecking!

I am going to have a few Black Jersey Giant hatching eggs for sale over the next few weeks. $30 dozen + shipping. Eggs are from a trio and pair. Marked seperatly. These are from show birds that won Best Display @ the Giant Nat last Oct. Pm me. Orders filled in order of messg sent and pd. No paypal here.
I am sure there is a lot of people who will be excited about this!

I seen his birds at the show, and they are spectacular.

Framac

Back
Top Bottom