Jersey Giants thread for pictures and discussion

Illia,
I got them to open, Thanks. You have some nice birds. How old are they? I see some BIG combs on those pullets. I would have guessed that splash was a cockerel.
Bill

Last edited:
I love seeing all these pictures of Jersey Giants....they are so pretty! Thanks for sharing. I hope someone puts out some pictures of Jersey chicks when they get some eggs hatched. I'm getting Blue Orpingtons arriving with Blue Jersey chicks and want to be able to tell which is which.

Here are some I hatched last Feb.
47154_100_1275.jpg

47154_100_1280.jpg

47154_100_1293.jpg

The light colored on grew into a splash pullet. The dark one grew into a blue pullet
47154_100_1333.jpg

47154_100_1334.jpg

Last edited:
Illia, the face on your molting blue girl is just beautiful! I wish she had a 6-point comb - but boy, she has that beautiful & intelligent look that I so love about Jerseys!

Here are a few chick pics from my last hatch:

Blues:

bluedayoldsa.jpg

Blues & blacks:

bluejerseyswdayoldmarans.jpg

Here are some blues at 5 weeks....love this pic!

blues-5wks-groupshot1.jpg

Yes, even the non-chicken guru people in my family always know the Jersey Giants from the others because of their prolific "doll-like eyes" - They have these very sweet, innocent looking round eyes.

guys I need some help. Is it possible this pullet (6 mo old) I got from Orshlens back in the fall (they get from Estes Hatchery) is a poorly crossed Jersey Giant?
Some think a Wyandotte because of the comb...but the size and legs/feet are telling me JG..she is nothing like my wyandotte.
Even the comb is completely diff than hers. And she is bigger
I'd appreciate your help!
56270_giantcollage.jpg

Close up
56270_giant1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom