Just hatched

Irolita

Songster
6 Years
Jul 25, 2017
Ontario
I've had hatchery layers (Barred Rocks, Columbian Rocks, RIR) for quite a few years. But this year I bought lavender and black Ameraucana hatching eggs. And they just hatched yesterday. This is the first time I've hatched myself, so I'm quite excited and wanted to show off pictures. There are 11 in the brooder now. And three more eggs that haven't hatched and are still in the incubator just in case (not sure how long I should wait).

The breeder thinks that maybe I have a couple of chicks that are mottled. Though I don't really know how to tell at this age.

Whatever colour they are, they are very cute, and very healthy and active. So I'm thrilled.

Attachments

• IMG_5503.JPEG
    IMG_5503.JPEG
    540.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_5509.JPEG
    IMG_5509.JPEG
    596.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5512.JPEG
    IMG_5512.JPEG
    890 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5513.JPEG
    IMG_5513.JPEG
    538.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5516.JPEG
    IMG_5516.JPEG
    589.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_5518.JPEG
    IMG_5518.JPEG
    574.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5519.JPEG
    IMG_5519.JPEG
    475.7 KB · Views: 1
I've had hatchery layers (Barred Rocks, Columbian Rocks, RIR) for quite a few years. But this year I bought lavender and black Ameraucana hatching eggs. And they just hatched yesterday. This is the first time I've hatched myself, so I'm quite excited and wanted to show off pictures. There are 11 in the brooder now. And three more eggs that haven't hatched and are still in the incubator just in case (not sure how long I should wait).

The breeder thinks that maybe I have a couple of chicks that are mottled. Though I don't really know how to tell at this age.

Whatever colour they are, they are very cute, and very healthy and active. So I'm thrilled.
Cuteness overload! ❤

Back
Top Bottom