Kentucky people

Hey Chuck -- I went to Bardstown Mills -- great place. The prices were much better than TSC.

I got LA200 that said 4.5cc per 100 pounds so I gave the hen 2/10th of a cc yesterday and she was better today but still not well so I gave her another shot.

Quote:
Bluegrass Mill's is Cheaper than Bardstown Mill's-I bought 200 pounds of feed and 50lbs of Layer mix -for $36.00.It is out on Bloomfield rd past the Nelson county high school on the right.

Howdy y'all...Just want to let y'all know that I have a used sun room that is 12 by 20 and it has 9 window's and a door. Was on the side of a mobile home and they sold it. The people I got it from built a back wall and made a rabbit building out of it. It has an aluminum roof that will not leak. This is a building that will last a long time. I gave 300.00 for it and I just want to get my money back...I had a change of plan's...Come's in section's and is easy to load...bring a trailer if interested. Would make a great building for all kind of thing's. If interested, just send me an e-mail Peace

Hey Bluedog -- what type of feed do they sell?? Meaning what quality? Do they mix their own?

Uncle T -- wish I had $300, I'd love to have that room. DH is after me to have another place for babies but he doesn't want to spend the money to build me another coop....

amateus, I think you got your people mixed up
tongue.png

I decided to give out some meal worms today, since I seemed to have a ton. That little millie hen that I got off of Cindy was being a hog, I swear she must have eaten 30-40 of the things!! I had to have Cris hold her so someone else could get a few, she was running everyone off!
lau.gif
Even dad's RIR!!
gig.gif
I'd call her miss piggy, if that name weren't already taken
wink.png
I told Cris she was gonna get fat if she kept eating them, and he starts laughing, saying 'look at her boobies'
lau.gif
I assume he meant her crop, she was surely full!
lol.png

Ah, the joys of chickens
lol.png

Hey Mrs. Turbo -- that white mutt you gave me is really getting pretty.... I'll have to watch her closely as white animals do not do well in my barn yard.... I think the hawks really see them well and scoop them up before the GPs can run them off....

My other chickies run all over the yard all day and none get taken.... DH wants some white guineas but I told him NO not with our luck....

My sick chickie is still sick.... I'm gonna give her another shot today... Her face was pretty messed up from her incident... still not sure what happened but her face is really red.. she's eating and is happy staying in the coop so I take that as a good sign... usually if something happens to them, they're dead in a day or so and she's made it 5 days.... I wiped her face down with a wet cloth this morning since she had a bit of food stuck to it.... should I do anything else for her??

Well this afternoon is it for Tom-tom.... Wish me luck with my first Turkey slaughter.... DH is not happy that he has to help but I can't manage it with a leg in a cast all by myself...

Well, I had four babies hatch under my hen so far - all are dark babies, odd colored cochin hen crossed with buff orp (some may be pure cochin). I had another one - pure buff orp - it fell out of the nest and I didn't notice they were even hatching yet and it got cold and died. Hen and babies are now in a box on the floor - one last egg under her, hope it hatches.

These weren't due until tomorrow, guess that hen sat very tight on them
lau.gif

Once I get a better look at them I will be able to tell how many are pure cochin. I know at least one has feathered feet. I also know that one doesn't have feathered feet but looks exactly like the one with the feathered feet.

I'm bummed about the buff orp baby, next time I'll put her in a nest on the floor to begin with.

meri

Well, the last egg hatched last night sometime - another buff orp baby. But it got cold, and being a first time mother that hen sucks at keeping track of her babies, so two more died (including my buff orp baby that hatched.)

So, I am down to three babies from her 6 that hatched. Two buff orp cochin mix and one cochin.

however, I have plenty of eating eggs at the moment, so I may grab whatever is laid in there and put them into the incubator - I want some orp babies dangitall!!!!

Cochin babies would be cool, too, but hopefully there won't be too many mutt ones (my fault, I still need to seperate the two flocks).

Part of the problem was the chicks that I put out into that coop pushed mama and babies out of the nest (Guess they got cold and wanted to snuggle
hmm.png
) when I went out this morning all 12 of them were crammed in the nest box, and mama was by the food dish with her three remaining babies under her.

on a better note - my calves are getting over the scours - I had lost one (pneumonia) yesterday, but the rest are doing great.

meri

Well I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. I ate toooo much, but I alway's do...lol I still have the sun room for sell and I have alot of transport cage's and and pen's, chain link fence, fencing wire, heavy duty plastic feed trough's, some 12 feet by 3 feet pallet's, and all kind of waterer's and feeder's for sell. Send an e-mail if interested Peace:
caf.gif
BYC buddie's will get a better deal on the sun room...250.00 I need this gone so I can build my garage...Peace

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom