Langshan Thread!!!

Pics
So far, 2 blue babies! Whoo-hoo from Little Mister! Makes me wonder though..maybe he really is a splash in disguise!
wink.png
The breeding so far was black x blue (two of them both blue) and another is getting ready to hatch out. Going to wait until tomorrow to candle the last egg to see if anything is going to pop out of there.

I would be sometime in the future if there's a promise that you'll still be using your partially blind cock.
smile.png

I will have to start AIing him. He's gone more of the fatherly approach. Crowing, courting, but no breeding that I can see from him. But, I can guarantee that he will never leave my possession!
wink.png

If nothing else, I still have his son, grandson and great-grandson. His great-grandson is looking good, even at 7 weeks old he's going to be something to behold.

What do WHITE langshan chicks look like? Are they hatched solid white, or do they have black backs? I'm trying to sort out who lived and didn't in a shipment so I can report that to the hatchery. I have other feather legged breeds so I can't go by that alone (Porcelain Bantam, Sultans, and White and BBS Cochins.). I think I can ID the Porcelain by size but the others I'm not sure about. The hatchery site has picks of the chicks, but they had black backs and I wasn't sure if that was true or a mistake. Can anyone post some photos of white langshan chicks? Thank you

These are photos of my white chicks:
aef1f0f4.jpg

ec53e305.jpg

When they hatch, I confuse them for black and sometimes blues. They have to completely dry out before I can tell.
f54f37bd.jpg

Cute little guys! Thank you for the photos; I am surprised they are black and white, I really expected all white. Hopefully some of the black and white chicks then are Langshans and the white ones should be the sultans, yay!

ETA: one looks like it has a more white head and the other a more black head- is that auto-sexing or just variability?

Last edited:
At this point, I believe it is just variability. All chicks that are hatching have varying degrees of white splotches on their heads, some small, some large, some medium...just depends on the bird.

Back
Top Bottom