Large amount of non-posting members

Quote:
Your not alone!
hugs.gif

Quote:
That is a very good point! On another forum, I had just been hanging around and reading posts, then I suddenly came across a incredibly good deal in the classifieds. Well, I had to run and setup a whole stinking account before I could even post "SOLD". I was so stressed out that someone would beat me to the deal!
It would have been a lot easier for me to have signed up in the very beginning!

Sometimes people join forums, but have a lot going on and don't go back for some time, only to find they've forgotten their password. Ha ha, at least that is what happened to me after I joined the sister site to this one (the garden forum).

If there is concern about cleaning up any unused user names, perhaps e-mails could be sent to those who haven't posted with the option to quit membership, choose a new password, or just verify that the username is still in use.

Those of you who are new to the forum, I think it just takes time for everyone to get a feel for other people's personalities. Similar to being the new kid at school, but maybe a little more pronounced because there are many many members and we aren't all in the same place at the same time every day. The more often you post, the more others will get a feel for who you are and respond back.

Some of us are just blabber mouths, uhhhhhh, I mean typists

<---------ME!!!!!
big_smile.png

I like how people on her make me feel like I belong. The fun and games are wonderful, and I would also say this is the only Forum I've been on that makes me feel "safe" with the people I meet here.

HUGS ALL AROUND!!!!

I'm not a huge poster here (I am on the garden forum, however) but I have to say I haven't felt like things were 'cliquey' here. Yes, there are members who pal around with each other, but they've been here for a long time, interacting, sharing, etc. You'll see the same thing in many forums. Overall this is a very friendly, welcoming forum.

That being said, there are a few cranks, and people who seem to think nothing of getting upset if someone offers an opinion - such is life! It happens on all forums. The best way I've found to exist on the internet is to 1) never act in any way I wouldn't act in a face to face meeting - I am me, I don't hide behind any internet anonymity and 2) Have a very thick skin and realize that text doesn't translate the emotions or intentions of words, sometimes. A dry joke can come of as cutting or sarcasm, especially if the smilies aren't used.

Be kind. Treat your fellow forum members as you would want to be treated. But if you put yourself out there, describing a personal situation (as the Alley original thread developed) keep in mind that opinions are everywhere and so is judgement. If you don't want opinions or to be judged, then be careful what you say in an open forum.

Ok, I'm off my soapbox!

soapbox.gif

D.gif

I know how you all feel. I lurked for a year but never joined because i wasn't sure if i would look like a troll. Even now when i make a post i still am a little worried about being seen as a troll.
idunno.gif

I have recently discovered that some are nervous or not sure on how to make a post and will use the pm feature to contact someone they think can help.

I do not post a lot-Everyone I have had contact with is very nice...Just seems like most of my stuff never gets replyed to-Maybe it's just me .....who knows.

It is still the best place on the net to get GOOD HELPFUL INFORMATION. And for that I Thank You All

DeeDee

Back
Top Bottom