Lavender patterned Isabel duckwing barred - lavender brown cuckoo barred - project and genetic dis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
This type is more colorful, beautiful creamy breasts, golden straw accents around the face and upper neck, contrasting lavender feathers around the lower back neck, like a cape.

DSC_0385.JPG
DSC_0404.JPG
DSC_0350.JPG

:wee
so fabulous!!!!
:celebrate
I love, love, love to see this success.
:love
Regarding the males, they are double-barred right?
The first two pictures of cockerels are so marvelous, that I think you should submit the top one to the calendar contest...... The 31st of August is the deadline.
You would probably have to take off the watermark.

I also am seeing two distinct phenotypes and the genotypes are presumably the same -- but I think perhaps there is some 'silver' piggybacking in there....and causing the difference that I see in my bunch-- I could be wrong.
Thanks for posting -- as one person said. They are eye-candy!!
:bow

Here is an analysis of some of the points of a 4-month old cockerel:
P1060724.JPG

• small neat bars showing on the neck-hackles.
  • Straight comb - pretty even serrations (5-points on the comb, then the blade seems to have some points). Small crest - so he has 1-cresting gene. It is interesting that his crest is small enough to allow for a straight comb.
  • Ear lobes are not a bright strong white
  • beak has some dark pigment - it isn't a bright yellow
P1060723.JPG

• Tail-angle not too bad.
  • Wing held more horizontal than a lot of the other cockerels
P1060721.JPG

• Bright eye - dark amber, orange? what would you call it?
  • another view of his crest - evenly distributed on both sides of the back of his comb
P1060719.JPG

• Substantial body -
  • long back
  • long legs - still has some of that cockerel - still growing out look
  • not saturated deeply - but still good colors - harsh sun in the photo blows out some of his coloration
  • He's a big boy and weighs 6-pounds at this around 4-months old photo
P1060717.JPG

• super straight and upright comb.
  • nice proportions
Jokingly - back in the days when Cream Legbars were my primary breed, I said that a single-gene for cresting - rather than the double genes, could give a CL both the crest and a straight comb. I think those involved with legbars have veered towards rather large crests on the females -- and thus their sons have the problems of the real estate on the top of the males heads is a fight to compete for space - making crooked combs and sometimes funky crests..... For my LPIDS I'm breeding away from the crest to ensure the straight comb.

ETA - these shots out of the sun (evening) are a better indication of this guy's coloration: P1060725.JPG
picture shows IMO a better back-angle
P1060726.JPG
P1060727.JPG

• wing has hose sunset colors on the triangle so I know he's gold-based
  • duck bar is more faint than my view of ideal
  • His 'red' shoulder patch (diluted to this light color) and his saddle feathers have some areas where the dilution gene has refracted the light -- and they appear lighter and more glowing.

Last edited:
P1060711.JPG

"BB" from the Robinson clan -- He was the back up for Bart, but he is more saturated -- and has a better temperament -- so eventhough he is about 3-4 weeks younger, he will be the one used for breeding for the project for the Robinson line.....
P1060712.JPG

• A little scrawny -- but he is also quite young.
  • long back
  • sloped back angle
  • good tail angle
  • wing carriage could use some improvement
  • definite wing bar and triangle
  • white earlobe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom