LGD Great Pyrenees Puppies - 4 week old Update Post 17 - Pic Heavy

If I do have to correct a GP on certain things. What would be the best way to do that? Can I just spank him and say no?

Last edited:
Quote:
I am not a dog trainer but I do have 5 dogs. I think it depends what you are asking them to stop doing IMO. I think more specific information would be helpful. I see why you would ask on this thread and the GP owners might offer some advice. I do think you will have better luck getting more accurate advice following my suggestion below though.

My advice would be first to start a thread under "other livestock". There are some dog trainers on this site that are really knowledgeable. I would title it to get them to open your thread.

Good luck!

You could not ask for a better dog!!!! I have had three.....my last one died a few months before he turned 13...he was a wonderful dog!! I have never used mine for guarding livestock...they just guard us and the house...all have been happy doing so...they have always gotten along with our other animals too. The one we have now we got from a lady in Virginia...he will be two in September...he has been an awesome house dog....I had him house broke the first week he was with us...very smart!!!!! He is just a little spoiled
yippiechickie.gif
ya.gif
we love him very much!!!!!
love.gif

71014_hunter_4.jpg

71014_hunter_5.jpg

71014_hunter_6.jpg

The puppies are doing great! Piper (mama) is starting to wean them off now because they have sharp puppy teeth. So, they are eating canned dog food and a little bit of dry food mixed in. They have their first vet appt set up for the 22nd!

Paisley (Girl #2)
6809_dscn3897.jpg

Brady (Boy)
6809_dscn3905.jpg

"Big Girl" (Girl #1)
6809_dscn3903.jpg

Pooped out:
6809_dscn3908.jpg

Video of the 3 out playing in the grass:

Goals for the next 2 weeks: Introduction to goats and a continuation of socialization around chickens.

I groomed my GP with a furminator, it pulled all the underfur she was shedding. She is not all fluffy looking anymore and in our record breaking drought and heat, she is much cooler. YAAAAAYYYYY for the furminator!!

I LOVE the puppies, makes me want another GP.........DH says NO!

Back
Top Bottom