Looking To Buy....Peafowl(2016)

Never free range adult greens or %75 spaldings and more, they could leave easier than you think, %50 spaldings are a good choice, have you seen spalding black shoulder peacock before? It could be one of the prettiest birds you could ever see.
The black shoulder spaldings I've seen (in pictures) have not been very pretty- so maybe I haven't seen good ones. Now the 50% spaldings- are they as nice as your avatar? I'm also thinking if I found a Spalding hen, I would be happy, as I need another hen- and spalding hens are still quite pretty aren't they? Or is that the green hen I'm thinking of. When I look up these birds on the internet- I'm getting all sorts of things. I currently have an IB male split to white, a IB male, and anIB female split to pied. So a spalding hen would be my answer, yes?

Three year old with his first train. I also got my fist egg from him last night.
Wow is he handsome! So is that a black shoulder Spalding? And- LOL...if he's laying eggs, you REALLY have something special ! So what is the female, who layed the eggs? Are you selling eggs.....?
jumpy.gif

Wow is he handsome! So is that a black shoulder Spalding? And- LOL...if he's laying eggs, you REALLY have something special ! So what is the female, who layed the eggs? Are you selling eggs.....?
jumpy.gif

He was sold to me as being 75%, but most people think only 50%. The hen is also supposed to be the same. I will not ship eggs as it is not fair to either the buyer or seller. I will probably sell some of the chicks later this year, most likely after August.

Here's what I think is a 50% Spalding hen. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
The hen in the front. She used to have a crest that would stand straight up but the Black Shoulder peahen is aggressive and picks out crest feathers on my other hens.

The black shoulder  spaldings I've seen (in pictures) have not been very pretty- so maybe I haven't seen good ones. Now the 50% spaldings- are they as nice as your avatar? I'm also thinking if I found a Spalding hen, I would be happy, as I need another hen- and spalding hens are still quite pretty aren't they?  Or is that the green hen I'm thinking of. When I look up these birds on the internet- I'm getting all sorts of things. I currently have an IB male split to white, a IB male, and anIB female split to pied.  So a spalding hen would be my answer, yes?

Green hens are almost as colorful as the males without the train and a little subdued. Blue hens are almost the opposite of the males so when it comes to a spalding you never know how she will look because of the contrast between the hens in the species. The purity of Greens will definetley show in the hens colors and patterns and its the hen that I look at when considering a good pair of Greens. I will guarantee that you will love whatever you get as they are amazing birds with great personalities.

Gerald Barker

Last edited:
Green hens are almost as colorful as the males without the train and a little subdued. Blue hens are almost the opposite of the males so when it comes to a spalding you never know how she will look because of the contrast between the hens in the species. The purity of Greens will definetley show in the hens colors and patterns and its the hen that I look at when considering a good pair of Greens. I will guarantee that you will love whatever you get as they are amazing birds with great personalities.

Gerald Barker
Great info, thanks. So if I had a green hen and she bred with my IB male, (several years down the road), I would have a 50/50 spalding? I've never been very good with the peafowl mix/terms.

Great info, thanks.  So if I had a green hen and she bred with my IB male, (several years down the road), I would have a 50/50 spalding?  I've never been very good with the peafowl mix/terms.

If you had a pure green hen yes the chicks would be considered 50/50 spaldings. If you put a spalding hen under him then your chicks will have less green blood and so on. Still gorgeous birds regardless.

Gerald Barker

I'm looking for a midnight cock that is 2-3 years old. That or any purple cock variety would interest me. My wife is a purple fanatic and we bought 3 peacock chicks last year hoping to get at least one male. Turns out they are all hens so I need a male to stick in with them. the three hens free roam, do you guys think a male would stick around to free roam with the females?

I'm looking for a midnight cock that is 2-3 years old.  That or any purple cock variety would interest me.  My wife is a purple fanatic and we bought 3 peacock chicks last year hoping to get at least one male.  Turns out they are all hens so I need a male to stick in with them.  the three hens free roam, do you guys think a male would stick around to free roam with the females?

Yes, he will stick to them like a magnet and wow are you lucky to get 3 hens, the common ratio is 2 to 1 or all 3 roosters. Contact kskingbee as Im pretty sure he has what you need and he ships, there are several on here that can help but he's the only one I can remember right now. Others will chime in soon, good luck,
1f44d.png

Gerald Barker

The black shoulder spaldings I've seen (in pictures) have not been very pretty- so maybe I haven't seen good ones. Now the 50% spaldings- are they as nice as your avatar? I'm also thinking if I found a Spalding hen, I would be happy, as I need another hen- and spalding hens are still quite pretty aren't they? Or is that the green hen I'm thinking of. When I look up these birds on the internet- I'm getting all sorts of things. I currently have an IB male split to white, a IB male, and anIB female split to pied. So a spalding hen would be my answer, yes?
No, they will not even be close to my avatar, %50 spaldings are the first cross with greens, %75 is second cross, 7/8 is the third cross, 15/16 is the fourth cross, the bird in my avatar is something around 15/16, and these birds can't be free ranged. A %50 spalding hen will not be much different from your hens.

Back
Top Bottom