Maryland Poultry Swap & Farmer's Market **UPDATED w/ PICS pg.43**

I know I already posted once, but I wanted to post again, this time with the offer to pre-pay for chick/ens.

I am looking for show quality / show lined Cochin Bantams. Black Frizzled, Mille Fleur, mottled, blue, lemon blue, black and splash are the colors I am after. Day old to breeding pairs. The age determines how many I get (I am limited on how many I can haul in my car).
I'd also be interested in LF Lavender or Blue Orpingtons.

Thanks!
Bobbie

Last edited:
Eggzellent - thanks Chicken Junkies! I just mapquested the event and didn't realize I am 3 hours away. IF I can get my husband to take the toddler from 6am till noonish, I can make it there - Yah!!! If not, I'm screwed. I can't get mail order for 2 chicks. Grrr....

I'm peeping positive that it'll be there
wink.png

~julie

Quote:
I'm bring a few Light Brahma chicks to the swap. They come from great lines and are big with lots of feathers on their legs. Nice birds. Big eggs. I might be bringing some egg to sell as well.

Oh!! If I keep this up we better really start liking scrambled eggs and quiche more! I can bring a couple of these FBCMs if anyone is interested - they come from Bev Davis/Wade Jean line. Can anyone tell me how I can bring just a couple of chicks, or if that's even okay?

Hi All,

I had intended on hatching chicks and bringing them to the swap, but had decided to bow out when the rules for out of staters were sent out.

Recently, I've had a few people kind of talk me into participating by bringing some of my rabbits. I'm still a bit unsure if there is enough interest from what will mostly be poultry folks, but at this point, I plan on coming and bringing a few litters.

I mainly raise heritage and endangered livestock.

I will have Silver Fox which is the 12th most endangered breed, http://www.albc-usa.org/cpl/silverfox.html

And also, Americans, which are the most endangered breed of all, http://www.albc-usa.org/cpl/american.html

The Americans will mostly be blue, but I may have a white or two. The blues are very rare, and the whites were all but nonexistant and thought to be extinct until a few breeding pairs were discovered by accident in a religious sect in Canada a few years ago. The lady who obtained them nearly culled them because she couldn't understand how her "New Zealands" were having blue kits. True story: http://web.mac.com/helgav/Golden_Spike_Rabbitry/Homepage/Entries/2007/10/5_A_story_of_CANADIAN_AMERICANS.html

These
are meat breeds, but I sell to a lot of "show" people, and all of my stock is fully pedigreed. Please let me know if anyone has interest in either adding to their own herd or staring a new one.

Erin has also indicated that the regulations on out of state poultry don't apply to waterfowl. I also raise Muscovy ducks, and have a few juveniles that are ready for new homes, along with a couple of older adult males that would be fine as flock sires. One is trained to eat out of your hand, and follows you around like a dog, while the other is a bit younger and still a little wary around the other older males, but is still easily trainable. It's too stressful on them (and me) to catch and stick them in a cage and be on display, so I'm not planning on bringing them unless someone would like some in advance. Just let me know, and I'll be happy to bring them along. They are a lot of fun to have hanging around, wagging their tails like dogs looking for treats. I raise Dexter cattle, and got the Muscovy as a natural fly control to follow the cattle around, as their fly catching abilities are legendary.

thanks,
tom

MY LIST:

3 - 3 gallon waterers

Orpingtons: 2 Lavender Hens, 1 Blue Hen and 20 orpington chicks (6 buff pullets, 2 lavender and couple blue and the rest black)

LF BBS Cochin Show Lines: 20 chicks from just born to 3 weeks.

Juvenile Silkie Boys (these fellas are spectacular) - 2 blue, 2 black, and 6 splash

One special needs runner duckling free to loving home.

One Cayuga duckling from Show lines

and about 20 barnyard pullets.

Must PM me and prepay in order for me to hold them for you for pick up on Saturday.

ETA: My camper is also for sale: $2500 (we still have to power wash it). The heat and A/C work like a dream. Sleeps 5-6.
P6130119.jpg

Last edited:
Tom, I'm very excited to meet you! In the spring I was looking to expand our "livestock" to included rabbits and the American and Silver Fox were the breeds I was considering! It will be great to meet a breeder in the area!! See you Saturday!!

Back
Top Bottom