MARYLAND THREAD!

Hello everyone. I have been stalking this site for years and finally joined. I live in Huntingtown, Calvert County. At the moment I have Cream Legbar, Black Copper Marans and Blue Laced Red Wyandottes. I put some RIR's, Ameraucanas, and Lavender Orpingtons in the incubator about an hour ago. WWOOOO HOOOOO

I just moved here about a month ago (from Solomons Island). I had the coop (converted kids playhouse) towed here and now that the weather has broke a little bit, I can get out there and work on the run some more. Husband and kids aren't happy about helping me today. I'm really in for it when he sees the new playhouse hiding in the shed to be built for another coop .
ep.gif
I'll wait till spring to build that one. Glad he loves me..

Glad to see some neighbors on this thread. Looking forward to chatting with you all!!!

Hello everyone. I have been stalking this site for years and finally joined. I live in Huntingtown, Calvert County. At the moment I have Cream Legbar, Black Copper Marans and Blue Laced Red Wyandottes. I put some RIR's, Ameraucanas, and Lavender Orpingtons in the incubator about an hour ago. WWOOOO HOOOOO

I just moved here about a month ago (from Solomons Island). I had the coop (converted kids playhouse) towed here and now that the weather has broke a little bit, I can get out there and work on the run some more. Husband and kids aren't happy about helping me today. I'm really in for it when he sees the new playhouse hiding in the shed to be built for another coop .
ep.gif
I'll wait till spring to build that one. Glad he loves me..

Glad to see some neighbors on this thread. Looking forward to chatting with you all!!!
Howdy neighbor. Welcome to the northern end of Calvert Co! I live near Lower Marlboro. I gearing up to breed Wheaten/Blue Wheaten Ameracaunas (my pullets are just about ready to start laying.....can't wait to see their blue eggs!). Wow. Cream Legbars, and sooooo close to me!

Howdy neighbor. Welcome to the northern end of Calvert Co! I live near Lower Marlboro. I gearing up to breed Wheaten/Blue Wheaten Ameracaunas (my pullets are just about ready to start laying.....can't wait to see their blue eggs!). Wow. Cream Legbars, and sooooo close to me!
Hi Deb. you are just a toads jump from me. I have been looking into getting the WA's. They are sooo pretty. Gonna have to keep me in mind!! My CL roo got killed last summer by something..i have no idea what got in the coop (or how). didn't eat it. Just killed it. Just yesterday I called the lady I bought them from, in a month or so, I will get another roo for the those girls.

So exciting when they start laying. especially when they are pretty colors.
Made me think a few years ago, when I got my first chickens...I bought a bunch of random chicks from some guy at the Amish Market. (I never heard of blue eggs) When one day I went out to the coop and saw a blue egg. I was shocked and thought something went horribly wrong. hahahahahahahaha

Beautiful glorious day! The chickens were running around dust bathing and having a wonderful time. To see so much joy and life in those hens and chicks and to watch the cat, toddler and chickens all run around the yard was refreshing. I am looking forward to another nice day tomorrow before the miserable winter returns.

Beautiful glorious day! The chickens were running around dust bathing and having a wonderful time. To see so much joy and life in those hens and chicks and to watch the cat, toddler and chickens all run around the yard was refreshing. I am looking forward to another nice day tomorrow before the miserable winter returns.

Nice picture and yes it was beautiful day!

lismark -
I have a rooster that needs rehoming. I'm near Dunkirk.
He is a Silver clean leg of unknown heritage, a year old, maybe 14 months,
Just started crowing in November.

Back
Top Bottom