MARYLAND THREAD!

yeah that will be the fun part.. /joking
But thank you!
I was wanting to do the same thing. I went to the Craigslist for Frederick and found a place just south of town that stacks them up out back, plenty of room to maneuver your truck. They have some pallets they don't want you to take, but the 2-3 times I went there they had a sign on the free ones. You don't even have to go inside; just pull around back and load up. Can't remember the address off-hand, but I can get it off my GPS if you're interested.

I think the ones I got were pine. Whatever they were, they weren't hard to break down; a 20oz claw hammer and a short pry bar does wonders. Even salvaged some straight nails for later use.

Good Luck!

Hello, Marylanders! I'm so happy to find this forum. Just registered today but I have had two Orps hens since March. They disappeared this morning...very sad. I would appreciate if you could share any information as to where I could get hens and what breed you would recommend for egg layers. I live in Potomac area. Thank you!

Welcome Sophie. I don't have anything extra but I'm sure someone does. Do you have a particular breed in mind? Also do you have a secure coop and or run? If not they are liable to keep disappearing.

Thank you! we do have secured coop and run. My husband forgot to lock it up last night, and just one night the tragedy happened... I am so upset today the whole day thinking of them running around in the yard. Any breed you could recommend? that can survive the cold winter and have long egg laying period? My Orps stopped laying from late April and just started to be active recently.

Look up Green Hill Farm in sharpsburg. With the AI stuff I'm not sure when the next swap will be. I'm in the hospital right now so I can't look up my info at home. I'll be happy to share eggs or chicks. I have silkies and Ameracaunas and a frizzle. I am waiting for polish babies to grow up. I can get RIR from a friend.

Gonna have some chicks hatch soon. Cuckoo maran mixed with blue laced wyandotte. super docile parents. there gonna lay light brown round eggs.

lemme know if your interested in purchasing some [=

Back
Top Bottom