MARYLAND THREAD!

Pics
Hey sent you a PM.

Got some new birds yesterday in North Carolina. A quad of Bev Davis/ Wade Jeane line Black Copper Marans. Some Lavender Orpingtons and some heritage Buff Orps.

Anybody else going

Hey sent you a PM.

Got some new birds yesterday in North Carolina. A quad of Bev Davis/ Wade Jeane line Black Copper Marans. Some Lavender Orpingtons and some heritage Buff Orps.

Anybody else going

I saw some people looking for silkies. There are a few Amish Farms down here in St Mary's County that sell them. Look like hatchery stock but not sure. No phone numbers of course but can give directions if anybody is interested. Also Sex Links, Austalorps, Rhode Islands among many others. No rare breeds that I know of. Also nice almost adult Guineas for 6 bucks. I bought a bunch of keets from them and they are great!
I have a silkie and an ugly looking Americauna/Easter Egger from them. It felt rather odd, just driving along their "trail" past their little school house. However, the lady at the feed mill pointed us in that direction, and the man we bought from (who was "harvesting" several chickens behind the shed, with about 5 young kids assisting) was patient, helpful and reasonable.

I'm at my max of 6 hens right now, but will definately go back to the feed store. SO NICE!!

Hello all,
I am located in anne arundel county near glen burnie and Annapolis. I was wondering where everyone goes to get their feed and supplies around here. Also where everyone gets their chickens. I have a flock of 3 lavender ameracaunas, 2 rir, 2 golden buffs, 1 barred rock, and 1 white rock.

Hi Tomcat! I'm in Glen Burnie and I get my feed at the A.A. Co. Farm and Garden center, 155 8th Ave. in Glen Burnie. Across the street from Michael's 8th ave and next door to Wagners. I have some great cockerels looking for homes. If you need one or two (and you know you do), I'll deliver
big_smile.png

I live in Bethesda, and want to go to a poultry swap nearby, does anyone know of one?
Hi KLC! I grew up in Kensington. We always had chickens and the neighbors around the corner had a goat. Glad to see you bringing the chicks to Bethesda! I don't know of any local chicken swaps for you as most of the people keeping chickens in those areas are keeping them "privately". I think after the county fairs the 4-H kids are allowed to sell their birds. You could look into that. I know the Montgomery County fair is over but there are quite a few more coming up. However, you should get to the Sharpsburg swap Sept 8th. Erin does a great job putting it together and it's always a great time. The drive for you is reasonable. I drove home from the spring swap with a flemish giant rabbit on my lap!

I am soooooooooo annoyed with the Montgomery county law of 100 feet from every house, especially since I barely have 60' across my yard! I really want chickens, but no, my neighbors are lawyers, and my dad is in the military and could lose his job. :(:(:(:(:(

You could try Seramas! They are TINY!! They would make great indoor chickens if you ,say , have a basement that could accomodate a pen and mini coop. They are not messy at all,(no worse than a small parrot) they are just too tiny. I plan on bringing mine in the house for the winter. Tons of personality....

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom