MARYLAND THREAD!

Pics
We are near Prince Frederick. Love to hear more info about your turkeys. We used to have Broad Breasted Bronzes. We were thinking about getting a different kind of turkey. We will go to the fair - but we don't show anything.

They are Royal Palm Turkeys from Cackle Hatchery. We had a tom a couple years ago, and he went to the Great Coop in the Sky. The misses wanted another, and I thought a trio would be better than one. I had to order a minimum, so I have 9 instead of 3.Google "Royal Palm turkey" for breed info. They stay small for a turkey, are good weeders and a lot of fun to have with chickens. I have them in a kennel run, with a roost pole in one corner. I have heard they will roost in barn rafters if available. They need a little extra protein (bugs, scraps) if on chicken feed.
I am looking for a good home for a male and two females, so if you are interested holler back.

Let me know.

I think we are interested. Have to run it past my Dear Hubbie! We miss having turkeys around. Is the Tom friendly enough to let roam around the farmyard with the chickens and barn cats?

They are still young birds that can be trained more, when you have 9 to train it is a bit much. Our other RP tom would eat out of your hand. They hang together right now and are fairly unexcitable, but I wouldn't chase them either.
I have 3 pairs (tom/hen) to find good homes for.

Hello all,

I am located in anne arundel county near glen burnie and Annapolis. I was wondering where everyone goes to get their feed and supplies around here. Also where everyone gets their chickens. I have a flock of 3 lavender ameracaunas, 2 rir, 2 golden buffs, 1 barred rock, and 1 white rock.

Hello all,
I am located in anne arundel county near glen burnie and Annapolis. I was wondering where everyone goes to get their feed and supplies around here. Also where everyone gets their chickens. I have a flock of 3 lavender ameracaunas, 2 rir, 2 golden buffs, 1 barred rock, and 1 white rock.

Hi! Welcome to BYC. I like the Country Feed & Garden. in Gambrills 410-923-0960. Got my first chicks there 2 years ago & again this spring. Everyone healthy and still living the good life. Feed is a little cheaper there than at The Feed Store in Glendale.:)

I meant to post this in this thread, but accidently posted it in the parent thread. So here's the duplicate:

DOG HOUSE ON SoMD Freecycle...

Date : Sat, 18 Aug 2012 21:43:44 -0000
OFFER: Available for Porch Pick up: dog house (Great Mills, MD)
Dimensions: 26 inches long, 18 inches wide, and 20 inches tall. The opening has the following dimensions: 11 inches wide, 12 inches high.
The top and bottom come apart for easy cleaning.

Reply online <http://groups.freecycle.org/St_Marys_County_Freecycle/posts/23118659> Reply by email <mailto:[email protected]?subject=RE%3A%20OFFER%3A%20Available%20for%20Porch%20Pick%20up%3A%20dog%20house%20posted%20to%20Freecycle>

Hey sent you a PM.

Got some new birds yesterday in North Carolina. A quad of Bev Davis/ Wade Jeane line Black Copper Marans. Some Lavender Orpingtons and some heritage Buff Orps.

Anybody else going up to the swap Sept 8th. Want to go but I know if I do I will come back with more chickens................ don't need more chickens...................who am I kidding of course I am going and getting more chicks...............

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom